Learn how to draw a great looking Astronaut Helmet with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Astronaut Helmet drawing.
Would you like to draw an astronaut? You can use this easy drawing tutorial to learn how to draw an astronaut helmet.
Astronauts in spacesuits have become an indelible part of our popular culture. The spacesuits were first invented during the mid-1900s when NASA and other organizations began missions to space. They were based on suits used in deep-sea diving.
Astronauts feature in cartoons and movies, both fictional and documentary. Many artists and photographers like to place images of astronauts in unexpected places.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
One example of this can be found in the film Everything, Everything. The story's heroine always places a tiny astronaut in the architectural models she makes for school.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Astronaut Helmet
How to Draw a Great Looking Astronaut Helmet for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use curved lines to enclose a rounded triangular shape like one-fourth of a circle. This is the visor or clear faceplate of the helmet. It is often plated in gold to reduce glare from the sun.
Easy Astronaut Helmet Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the opaque helmet shield. First, draw a long curved line from one corner of the triangle shape to the other. Draw a short straight line between the line and the point of the triangle; draw a curved line across the same point. Then, draw another long curved line to outline the shape of the helmet.
Easy Astronaut Helmet Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the helmet. Draw reflections on the visor's surface using curved lines. Then, draw a small microphone or communicator in the corner. Use curved lines to draw the irregular shape, then connect it to the quarter-circle with a pair of straight lines.
Easy Astronaut Helmet Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, draw the neck ring, which ensures that the helmet seals to the suit so the air won't escape. Enclose the ring using a long curved line. Then, band it with pairs of short curved lines.
Easy Astronaut Helmet Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long curved line across the back of the helmet, and three small circles near the visor.
Easy Astronaut Helmet Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a partial oval on top of the visor. Draw a curved line across this shape. Connect its top to the helmet with a straight line.
Easy Astronaut Helmet Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the helmet further, erasing as necessary. Extend a curved line from the back of the helmet and double it back upon itself. Then, extend two curved lines upward from this shape and double each one back upon itself. Band one shape with short lines and sketch a small circle on top of it.
Add More Details to Your Astronaut Helmet Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an air hose, erasing as necessary. Extend a pair of curved lines from the back of the helmet to just below the visor. Connect the lines at the end, and draw a small oval around it.
Complete the Outline of Your Astronaut Helmet Drawing - Step 9
9. Band the air hose with curved lines.
Color Your Astronaut Helmet Drawing
Color your cartoon astronaut helmet. Spacesuits are often white or grey. The visor is usually yellow in color, shielded with a thin layer of gold.
Astronaut Helmet Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).