Learn how to draw a great looking Rocket Ship with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Rocket Ship.
Do you dream of traveling to the stars one day? If so, perhaps a rocket ship is just what you need. Rocket ships are fast and ready to travel into space.
They’re also very easy to draw, even if you’re new to drawing. Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to draw a rocket ship in no time!
Our retro-style rocket ship drawing starts with simple shapes and the details are also simple and quick to draw when you follow the easy steps.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Easy Rocket Ship Drawing: Simple Step by Step Directions
How to Draw a Great Looking Rocket Ship for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line. This will form one side of the rocket ship.
Easy Rocket Ship Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another curved line mirroring the first. They should meet in a gentle curve on the top end, but they should not connect on the bottom end. This outlines the body, or fuselage, of the rocket.
Easy Rocket Ship Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose the open end of the rocket using a pair of straight lines.
Easy Rocket Ship Drawing - Step 4
4. Band the nose cone with two pairs of curved parallel lines.
Easy Rocket Ship Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw portholes, or small windows, along the side of the rocket. To do so, draw several circles of different sizes.
Easy Rocket Ship Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the rocket's fin. First, draw a straight line from the tail of the rocket to its middle. Then, draw curved lines downward from each end of the straight line. Allow the curved lines to meet at a gentle point.
Easy Rocket Ship Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from the fin.
Add More Details to Your Rocket Ship Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the rocket's second fin. To do so, extend two curved lines from the top side of the rocket - one emerging from the middle of the ship, the other from its base. Allow the lines to meet at a gentle point.
Complete the Outline of Your Rocket Ship Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the flames, called exhaust, coming from the rocket's nozzle, or base. Use a series of short curved lines that meet in jagged points to draw a rounded triangular shape. Then, use another series of lines to draw a second layer. Finally, draw the third layer of the exhaust, allowing it to end at a point.
Color Your Rocket Ship Drawing
Color your rocket. Rockets such as the one in this drawing guide were popular illustrations during the 1950s and 1960s. Some were silver in color, while others had bright red, blue, or other colored markings.
Need more space? Check out our manmade objects drawing guides, where you'll find more cool tech like a jet plane, a UFO, and a robot. Then, set the scene with galaxies, the planet earth, and the moon. You can even populate your drawing with slimey aliens!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rocket Ship Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).