Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Dinosaur for Kids with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Dinosaur for Kids.
Kids love dinosaurs. You can invite one into your heart and into your sketchbook. This step-by-step easy dinosaur for kids drawing guide can show you how.
This dinosaur has a long neck and an elephant-like body. Many dinosaur species fit this description, including Brontosaurus, brachiosaurus, apatosaurus, or Diplodocus.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The names may be long, but the steps aren't difficult. Look for new lines added in blue in each step.
Dinosaurs once roamed the Earth, but today they are extinct. Their bones may have inspired fictional animals like the one in this baby dragon drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Dinosaur for Kids
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Dinosaur for Kids for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy dinosaur for kids outline by drawing the animal’s face. Use a curved line that spirals around to sketch the head.
Notice the slight indentation where the eyes go. Don’t forget to use a short line to draw the dimple at the edge of the mouth.
Easy Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the dinosaur’s eyes. Draw two ovals, then draw two smaller ovals inside each. Shade the larger ovals.
Easy Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing - Step 3
3. Use short lines for the eyebrows and lower lip, and shade small ovals for the nostrils. Then, sketch the front of the dinosaur’s long neck with a curved line.
Easy Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend the line at the back of the head, sketching the back of the neck. Draw a short line at the base of the neck, then enclose a partial curved rectangle shape to form the leg.
Easy Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a curved line from the leg, forming the belly. Then, draw another curved rectangular leg, allowing the line of the belly to overlap it.
Easy Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to enclose the rounded rectangle shapes of the remaining legs alongside the first.
Easy Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing - Step 7
7. Use “U” shaped lines to enclose rounded toenails on the dinosaur’s feet.
Add More Details to Your Easy Dinosaur for Kids Picture - Step 8
8. Draw “U” shaped toenails on the remaining feet. From the neck, extend a large “U” shaped line to create the dinosaur’s arched back.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing - Step 9
9. Extend a long curved line from the dinosaur’s back and another from the back of its leg. Allow the lines to meet at a sharp point, forming the long tail.
Use a short curved line to contour the dinosaur’s shoulder just above its front leg.
Color Your Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing
Your easy dinosaur for kids outline is now complete. Color your cartoon dinosaur. Often, dinosaurs in movies are green or grey in color. But no one really knows what dinosaurs looked like, so you can get creative!
For more great reptile drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Reptiles Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Dinosaur for Kids Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).