Learn how to draw a great looking Doraemon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Doraemon drawing.
Doraemon is a cartoon character from a Japanese manga and TV series. This cartoon is about a robot cat from the future and his human friend named Nobita Nobi.
Doraemon is so popular that children across the world have watched his TV show and read the manga series. In fact, Doraemon is one of the most popular characters ever created in Japan.
If you're a fan of Doraemon's TV show, this step-by-step drawing guide will teach you how to draw your very own Doraemon. This cartoon cat is made up mostly of round circle shapes with curved lines and a few straight lines that make the whiskers.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Unlike a real cat, Doraemon has no ears. He's also bright blue and has a red nose. He does have a red collar with a bell, just like the cats that many people have at home.
Before you start drawing, grab a few pieces of paper and a pencil. Some of the shapes will overlap, so you don't want to start with a pen.
When you're done, you can use a black pen to outline the drawing and color it with pens, markers, pencils, crayons, paint or oil pastels. You can draw a background for Doraemon or simply draw the cartoon character and start thinking up your own stories.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Doraemon
How to Draw a Great Looking Doraemon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two egg-shaped ovals near the middle of the page. Draw two small rings inside these shapes, then fill them in to make the irises.
Easy Doraemon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a circle between the two eyes, making sure that it overlaps over the left eye. Draw a curved vertical line underneath the circle, then sketch a horizontal line that curves upward at both ends.
Easy Doraemon Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a loose circle shape around the face to make the head. The circle doesn't have to be 100% even.
Easy Doraemon Drawing - Step 4
4. Use six straight lines on either side of the face to make the whiskers, then add two curved lines to complete the face.
Easy Doraemon Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a long noodle shape underneath the head to make the collar. Sketch a circle near the middle of the collar, then draw another noodle shape on the circle to make the bell. Draw a much smaller circle with a curved line underneath. Make a curve inside the smaller circle to create a crescent moon shape and fill it in.
Easy Doraemon Drawing - Step 6
6. On the left, draw slightly curved lines and connect them with a large circle. Make sure the circle has a slightly flat bottom. On the right, sketch an oblong shape with another circle underneath.
Easy Doraemon Drawing - Step 7
7. Near the right side of the body, draw a large circle to make the right foot. Draw a short curved line near the top, then sketch another line that curves upward toward the body.
Add More Details to Your Doraemon Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another large oval to the left of the body to make the other foot. Connect both feet with a line that curves upward. On the left, make a curved line that dips downward like a valley, then shoots upward again. This creates the left side of the body.
Complete the Outline of Your Doraemon Drawing - Step 9
9. Inside the body, use two curved lines to create a circle on the stomach. Inside this shape, draw a half-circle that looks like a smiling mouth.
To complete your drawing, outline it with a pen and erase the extra lines.
Color Your Doraemon Drawing
Now that you have your own Doraemon, color the nose and collar bright red. Use yellow or gold for the bell, then color the outside of the body with sky blue. Keep the rest of the drawing white to make it true to the cartoon Doraemon.
Doraemon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).