Learn how to draw a great looking Jeans with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Jeans.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Today, jeans - also called dungarees, Levi's, Denims, or trousers - are often a fashion statement. But they didn't start out that way.
Blue jeans were invented in the United States in the 1800s by a man named Levi Strauss - you guessed it, the same Levi Strauss who loans his name to the clothing brand today.
The jeans were invented as durable work clothes, made of thick material with double seams reinforced by copper rivets.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Though originally designed for American workers such as cowboys and miners, jeans quickly became a cultural staple all over the world.
During the 1950s, actors such as James Dean popularized the look. In the decades since, jeans have been adopted by hippies, music artists, skaters, hipsters, models, and the average Joe.
Did you know? During the dyeing process, your jeans are initially yellow in color. The natural or synthetic indigo dye then reacts with oxygen in the air, turning that classic blue shade.
In the late 1800s, the synthetic color was invented because demand for blue dye rose - 90 percent was used in the making of jeans.
Would you like to draw a spiffy new pair of jeans? This easy, step-by-step clothing drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil or pen and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Baseball Player, Leprechaun, and Ghost Rider.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Jeans
How to Draw a Great Looking Jeans for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by using curved, wavy lines to enclose a narrow horizontal rectangle. This will form the belt that is holding up the jeans.
Easy Jeans Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the belt loops and buckle. To form the first belt loops, enclose a curved shape at each end of the belt. Then, draw a small circle in the middle of the belt, and a short line beside it. On each side of this belt buckle, enclose a curved shape. Draw a short curved line crossing the belt, double it back upon itself, and connect it to the starting point to enclose the shape. Erase guide lines as necessary.
Easy Jeans Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend two curved lines downward from the belt buckle to form the fly. Connect these lines using a "U" shaped line. Draw curved lines on each side of the "U" to indicate creases in the fabric.
Easy Jeans Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw long lines descending from one end of the belt and from the fly. This outlines one leg of the jeans.
Easy Jeans Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw long lines descending from the opposite side of the belt and from the fly, outlining the remaining leg.
Easy Jeans Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose each leg at the bottom using a curved line. Then, draw another curved line beneath each leg. Connect this line to the previous using short curved lines. This forms the cuffs, or upturned ends, of the pant legs.
Easy Jeans Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the front pocket. Enclose an irregular shape at the top corner of the jeans using a curved line. Give it dimension by drawing an unconnected parallel line beneath it.
Add More Details to Your Jeans Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the second front pocket. Enclose the shape using a curved line, then outline it with unconnected curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Jeans Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail your jeans. Enclose coin pockets above the front pockets using curved lines. Draw a circle beneath each pocket to indicate the rivets, metal fasteners that lend strength to the garment. Draw long curved lines down the outer side of each leg, and shorter horizontal curved lines across the legs in numerous places to indicate creases in the fabric.
Color Your Jeans Drawing
Color your jeans. Classically, denim pants are referred to as "blue jeans," but they also come in black, brown, and a whole rainbow of colors.
Who wears the pants in your drawing? Check out our people drawing guides and learn how to craft your own unique character.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Jeans Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).