Learn how to draw a great looking Nicole Watterson with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Nicole Watterson.
The Amazing World of Gumball is an animated television series produced by Cartoon Network. The story revolves around twelve-year-old Gumball, a cat, and his adoptive brother, who is a goldfish.
Nicole Watterson is Gumball's mother. She is a blue cat. Character design for the show included rejected characters from creator Ben Bocquelet's previous work.
Interestingly, the show's visuals are not limited to one artistic style. Scenes may include traditional animation, computer-generated images, puppets, stop motion or flash animation, live-action camera work, and more.
In addition to the cartoon series, The Amazing World of Gumball has been produced as a comic book since 2014. Characters from the show have also made cameo appearances in other series, such as OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes and Uncle Grandpa.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a smiling Nicole Watterson? Now you can, with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial.
You will need supplies such as a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished cartoon.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Nicole Watterson from the Amazing World of Gumball
How to Draw a Great Looking Nicole Watterson for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will become the basis for Nicole's head.
Easy Nicole Watterson Drawing - Step 2
2. Using curved lines, enclose three curved shapes around the outside of the circle. The smaller, pointier shapes indicate Nicole's ears. The larger, rounded shape is her protruding cheek.
Easy Nicole Watterson Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a short line from the bottom of the cheek. Then, connect this line to the bottom of the head, using two straight lines to enclose a triangular shape. This outlines the neck and the collar of the garment.
Easy Nicole Watterson Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase guide lines from the face.
Easy Nicole Watterson Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline Nicole's dress. Use straight lines to outline the torso, and curved lines for the skirt. Connect the lines at the bottom, using an additional straight line. Then, enclose triangular shapes at the top of the garment using straight lines. These form the collar. Finally, draw a circular button on the torso.
Easy Nicole Watterson Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, use pairs of lines to outline the sleeves. Connect them at the bottom with a straight line. Band the tip of each sleeve with an additional straight line. Add pleats to the skirt. First, draw a straight line across the top of the skirt. Then, draw vertical lines between this and the bottom of the skirt.
Easy Nicole Watterson Drawing - Step 7
7. Use pairs of curved lines to outline Nicole's legs. Enclose a rounded shape at the bottom of each leg, forming the foot. Draw short lines at the tip of each foot to indicate toes.
Add More Details to Your Nicole Watterson Picture - Step 8
8. Use pairs of curved lines to outline Nicole's arms. Notice the bend that indicates the elbow. Enclose the hands and fingers using curved lines that double back upon themselves.
Complete the Outline of Your Nicole Watterson Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line extending from the skirt, and double it back upon itself to form the tail. Finally, detail the face. Draw a large oval to form each eye. Within it, draw two successively smaller ovals. Shade between them, indicating the pupil. Draw a thick curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows, and short lines atop each eye to form eyelashes. Enclose the nose, upper lip, mouth, and tongue by drawing rounded triangles of different lengths. Draw short lines on each cheek to indicate whiskers.
Color Your Nicole Watterson Drawing
Color Nicole, who is usually depicted in light blue.
You'll find more cartoon fun among our character drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Nicole Watterson Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).