Learn how to draw a great looking Sadness from Inside Out with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Sadness from Inside Out.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Crying helps me slow down and obsess over the weight of life's problems."
Disney and Pixar's animated film Inside Out (2015) "anthropomorphizes the five emotions (Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear) living inside the mind of a young girl named Riley, and uses them to perfectly illustrate a number of experiences of the human condition."
A great deal of research went into the production of Inside Out,, including observations and consultations with numerous psychologists. Why? Filmmaker Pete Doctor desired to accurately - and enigmatically - portray what goes on in the human mind.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Though many rely on movies to escape their emotions, fans flocked to this one.
Inside Out received a rare 98 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, more than fifty awards nominations, and was called "one of the best films of the 21st century."
Would you like to draw Sadness from Inside Out? Don't be sad - this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to have plenty of blue crayons or markers handy to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Charmander, Squirtle, and Zelda.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Sadness from Inside Out
How to Draw a Great Looking Sadness from Inside Out for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line. This line should form a half circle tilted at a diagonal angle. This outlines Sadness's face. Then, use a series of curved lines of various lengths to enclose the open side of the shape. Notice how the lines meet at points, forming Sadness's hair.
Easy Sadness from Inside Out Drawing - Step 2
2. Use long curved lines to draw the top of Sadness's hair; start from a point above the head and draw one line to the left and one to the right. Connect the hair to the face using short lines; notice how the lines meet in jagged points. Then, use curved lines of various lengths to add texture to the hair.
Easy Sadness from Inside Out Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the collar of Sadness's sweater. Use a long curved line to enclose the shape of the collar, then texture it with wavy vertical lines.
Easy Sadness from Inside Out Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a pair of curved lines extending from each side of the collar, forming Sadness's arms. Enclose the end of each arm with a curved, rounded rectangular shape. This forms the cuffs of the sweater. Band each cuff with wavy lines to match the collar. Then, use curved lines to outline the shape of the hands and fingers. Erase guide lines as necessary.
Easy Sadness from Inside Out Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved line downward from each of the arms, forming the sides of the sweater. Enclose the bottom of the sweater with a pair of curved lines. Then, band the hem with short vertical lines.
Easy Sadness from Inside Out Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a "W" shaped line beneath the sweater to outline the legs.
Easy Sadness from Inside Out Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose a rounded shape at the bottom of each leg to form the shoes. Band each shoe with a curved line, and use short curved lines to indicate folds in the fabric of the pants.
Add More Details to Your Sadness from Inside Out Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two large circles across the face to form Sadness's glasses. Within each circle, draw a slightly smaller circle to indicate the frames. Use two curved lines to connect the glasses.
Complete the Outline of Your Sadness from Inside Out Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Sadness's face. Draw a series of circles, one within the other, to form each eye. Shade the innermost circle to indicate the pupil. Use curved lines to draw the eyebrows, nose, and frowning mouth.
Color Your Sadness from Inside Out Drawing
Color Sadness in various shades of blue.
Did you know that you can use art as a way to express how you feel? Check out our other drawing guides and find the perfect picture to fit your mood.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sadness from Inside Out Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).