Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Cowboy Hat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Cowboy Hat.
Howdy, y'all! You can learn how to draw a cartoon cowboy hat with the aid of this easy, step-by-step clothing drawing tutorial.
Who wears cowboy hats? You might think of cowboys and cowgirls. But lots of other people were like them, too. Country music singers use them in their costumes (and so does Woody from Toy Story - learn how to draw Woody here), and in many places, they are used by people who work outdoors to keep the sun and rain out of their faces.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Learn how to draw a cowboy wearing his cowboy hat.
This illustration views the cowboy hat from ¾ perspective. Check out this tutorial to learn how to draw a cowboy hat from a slightly different angle.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Cowboy Hat
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Cowboy Hat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon cowboy hat outline by drawing a long curved line. This begins the crown of the hat.
Easy Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing - Step 2
2. From near the peak of the first line, extend a second curved line. The two lines will intersect. This line continues the crown of the hat, while the end of the first line now forms the depression in the crown.
Easy Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing - Step 3
3. Connect the lower ends of the two lines using another curved line. This completely encloses the crown of the hat.
Easy Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line on the side of the hat's crown, detailing its curves.
Easy Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw short lines at each end of the crown, and then connect them using a long curved line. This forms the hat band.
Easy Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing - Step 6
6. From the side of the crown, extend a long curved line. This outlines the hat's brim.
Easy Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue the line of the brim to connect to the crown on the opposite side. Notice how it is closer to the crown at some points and wider at other points.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Cowboy Hat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line parallel to the edge of the hat's brim, beginning from the side of the crown. This contours the upturned brim.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line from the front of the brim to the back, overlapping the bottom of the hatband. Erase where necessary. Note that the line does not quite connect at the front of the hat.
Color Your Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing
Your cartoon cowboy hat outline is now complete. Color it - you can make the hat and hatband the same color or two different colors. Common colors for cowboy hats are black, brown, tan, pink, gray, or white.
Check out the shading in our illustration that enhances the hat’s three-dimensional appearance!
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute Easy Things Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Cowboy Hat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).