Learn how to draw a great looking Rain Coat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Rain Coat.
"You've got to stop it! Is there any way to stop it?"
"I can't, it's irreversible."
"Like my raincoat..."
Would you like to learn how to draw a rain coat? This easy, step-by-step clothing drawing tutorial will help you master the rain coat outline.
A raincoat, also called a mackintosh or a slicker, is a waterproof outer jacket. The rubberized fabric was invented in 1823 by chemist Charles Macintosh, for whom it was named.
Not only do people wear raincoats, but sometimes they are made for horses, dogs, and other animals.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Indigenous peoples of the Amazon have used the milky extract of the rubber tree to create waterproof clothing since at least 1200 AD.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rain Coat
How to Draw a Great Looking Rain Coat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the rain coat outline by enclosing an irregular curved shape, pointed at the top and bottom. This is the opening of the raincoat's hood.
Easy Rain Coat Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line around the shape, outlining the top of the hood. Texture the material with a curved line.
Easy Rain Coat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw curved lines outward from the base of the hood, forming the shoulders of the garment. Then, extend two pairs of parallel lines below the hood.
Connect each set at the top and bottom. This is the drawstring of the hood.
Easy Rain Coat Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the rain slicker's sleeve. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the sleeve, noting the bend at the elbow.
Then, enclose a rounded rectangle shape at the bottom to form the cuff. Draw a curved line across it to indicate the opening of the sleeve.
Easy Rain Coat Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another sleeve using curved lines and a rounded rectangle shape.
Easy Rain Coat Drawing - Step 6
6. Outline the torso of the raincoat. Use three curved lines to draw the rectangular shape.
Easy Rain Coat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a narrow rectangle shape from the bottom of the hood to the bottom of the jacket. This is the flap that covers the buttons or zipper.
Add More Details to Your Rain Coat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the pockets. Use curved lines to draw two irregular pentagons.
Complete the Outline of Your Rain Coat Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your raincoat outline by contouring and texturing the material. Draw curved lines along both sleeves to indicate folding.
Color Your Rain Coat Drawing
Color your cartoon raincoat. We've shaded ours in yellow, a traditional color for these coats. Black and red are also popular colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rain Coat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).