Learn how to draw a great looking Crying Emoji with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Crying Emoji.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
In this electronic age, emojis are everywhere, from text messages and emails to clothing, jewelry, school supplies, home furnishings, candies, and more. In 2017, the characters even starred in their first feature film, The Emoji Movie.
What is an emoji? The small cartoons were first introduced by a Japanese cell phone company in 1999, and they generally represent emotions, places, or common objects, such as pets, clothing, and food. The smiley face on which the emoji was based, however, has a much longer history.
The earliest smiley face design in art can be seen on a 4,000 year old clay pot recently unearthed by archaeologists. The classic yellow smiley face emerged in the 1960s, during three unrelated advertising campaigns.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The emoji in this tutorial is not smiling, however. He's displaying one of the most universal signs of unhappiness - he's shedding a tear.
Crying can result from anger, fear, pain, sadness, and sometimes even joy. It is a form of non-verbal communication that allows us to share our feelings with others - just as the crying emoji allows us to share our feelings in a typed message.
Would you like to draw a crying emoji? Doing so is simple with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing guide.
All you will need is a pencil or a pen, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to use crayons, colored pencils, markers, or something else to shade your finished picture.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Happy Emoji, Wink Emoji, and Crying Laughing Emoji.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Crying Emoji
How to Draw a Great Looking Crying Emoji for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to outline the emoji's round face.
Easy Crying Emoji Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two small circles within the original circle, and shade within each shape. These circles form the emoji's eyes.
Easy Crying Emoji Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyebrows. Notice that the curve is in the opposite direction from those featured in most drawings. This gives the face the expression of concern, anxiety, or sadness.
Easy Crying Emoji Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a straight line and a curved line to enclose the shape of the mouth. Notice that the straight portion is on the bottom of the mouth, forming a frown. Draw a small curved line beneath the mouth to indicate the chin.
Easy Crying Emoji Drawing - Step 5
5. Beneath one eye, enclose a teardrop shape, pointed on the top and rounded on the bottom.
Easy Crying Emoji Drawing - Step 6
6. Color your sad, crying emoji. What color will he be? Classically, smiley faces are bright yellow in color. Our example is blue, representing the "blues" or sadness he depicts. Be creative, and make your emoji whatever color you desire.
Don't forget to express yourself using our other fun emoji drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Crying Emoji Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).