Learn how to draw a great looking Drum with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Drum drawing.
The drum is one of the most famous instruments in the world. Ancient humans built the first drums thousands of years ago.
Today, people around the world use different types of drums to make music. Scientists have even seen certain types of animals like monkeys and rodents drumming against the ground to show dominance.
Cartoon drums are one of the easiest objects to draw, making them perfect for beginner artists. They're made of simple shapes like ovals, cylinders and lines.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This guide recommends using yellow and red, but once you've made your cartoon drum, you can use just about any color for the design on the sides.
To start, use a pencil to draw the outline. Some of these shapes overlap, so you'll need to erase the extra lines. Afterward, outline the drawing with a black pen, marker or colored pencil, then use your favorite coloring tools to complete your cartoon drum.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Drum
Drum Drawing - Step 1
1. Start with a large oval. Surround the oval with two parallel lines, then use two straight lines to connect them.
Drum Drawing - Step 2
2. Add another curved line inside this shape. On the front, draw cylindrical shapes. Make sure these shapes overlap the front of the drum.
Drum Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw cylindrical shapes along the edges of the drum. Use curved lines to give the first three shapes more depth.
Drum Drawing - Step 4
4. To make the bottom of the drum, draw two more curved lines that are parallel to the top of the drum. Connect the shapes with two straight lines.
Drum Drawing - Step 5
5. On the bottom of the drum, add more cylinders as you did previously. Make sure these cylinders line up with the cylinders at the top.
Drum Drawing - Step 6
6. Connect the cylinders on the top and bottom with three long tubes.
Drum Drawing - Step 7
7. Add two more tubes on each side, then draw Xs inside the first two sections.
Drum Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw the rest of the Xs, then draw a stretched-out teardrop shape on top of the drum. Make sure this shape overlaps the drum.
Drum Drawing - Step 9
9. Add another stretched-out teardrop shape, then draw ovals at the end like long spoons.
Complete Drum Drawing
10. Outline the entire drawing in black, then erase the extra pencil lines.
When you're done, color the drumsticks light brown. Use darker brown for the shadows and lighter brown for the highlights. Use different shades of grey for the parts around the cartoon drum, then color the X design with yellow and red.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).