Learn how to draw a great looking Saxophone with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Saxophone drawing.
“Don't play the saxophone, let the saxophone play you.”
― Charlie Parker, American musician
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a jazzy cartoon saxophone? This easy, step-by-step musical instrument drawing tutorial is here to show how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Saxophone
How to Draw a Great Looking Saxophone for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the bell of the saxophone. First, draw an oval, with a "C" shaped line inside it. This is the opening of the bell. Then, draw a long curved line to outline the bottom of the instrument, called the bow.
Easy Saxophone Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the "J" shaped body of the saxophone. Connect the lines at the top. Then, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself to outline a curved shape. This represents the neck of the instrument.
Easy Saxophone Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a curved line from the neck and double it back upon itself to form the mouthpiece. Draw a small triangle at the tip. Then, draw a curved line across the top of the instrument body. Enclose a flattened oval shape, erasing as necessary. Draw a curved line across one end to give it the three-dimensional shape of a cylinder. The is the neck screw, which holds the instrument together.
Easy Saxophone Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, draw the keyguard. Enclose an irregular shape on the side of the bell using curved lines. Draw a line down the center and small circles on the lobes. Then, enclose a half-circle behind each lobe.
Easy Saxophone Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing the saxophone's many keys. For each key, start with a circle. Then, draw smaller circles and curved shapes overlapping them.
Easy Saxophone Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw more keys. Again, start with a circle and draw smaller circles and curved shapes overlapping them. Erase as necessary.
Easy Saxophone Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more keys. Again, start with a circle and draw smaller circles and curved shapes overlapping them. Erase as necessary.
Add More Details to Your Saxophone Picture - Step 8
8. Draw keys extending from the top of the body. For each key, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself.
Complete the Outline of Your Saxophone Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw straight and curved lines parallel to the body of the saxophone. Draw oblong, oval-shaped keys.
Color Your Saxophone Drawing
Color your cartoon saxophone. These brass instruments are usually gold or silver in color.
Saxophone Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).