Learn how to draw a great looking Flag with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Flag.
National, regional, or organizational flags adorn the skies at many events. You can learn how to draw a flag by beginning with a simple flag design. Then, you can create several finished flag designs with the help of this easy, step-by-step flag drawing tutorial.
Flags are easy to draw. They are basically a curved rectangle shape. The flag pole, too, is a narrow rectangle with a circle at the top.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Want to add more flags to your Olympics watch party decorations or international events? You can learn how to draw the Canadian flag with a maple leaf in the center or check out this Mexican flag drawing with an eagle eating a snake. You can also learn how to draw the American flag.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Flag
How to Draw a Great Looking Flag for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the first simple flag outline by drawing the first flagpole. Draw a series of four narrow rectangles.
Easy Flag Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a circle at the top of the flagpole. Then, draw the curved rectangle of the waving flag. Notice that its corners attach to the two smallest rectangles of the flagpole.
Easy Flag Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw three more flags. Follow the same steps for each. Draw the rectangles of the flagpole, the circle on top, and the curved rectangle of the flag itself.
Easy Flag Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, we will detail the first flag. It is the flag of India. Draw two horizontal curved lines across the flag, and enclose a circle between them. Shade a smaller circle at its center, and extend four straight spokes from the shaded circle.
Easy Flag Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more spokes from the center of the circle until you've drawn 24 in all.
Easy Flag Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a scalloped line around the spokes within the circle. This completes the symbol called the Ashoka Chakra.
Easy Flag Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, we'll draw the Olympic flag. Its symbol is a series of interlocking rings. Draw overlapping pairs of circles, erasing as necessary.
Add More Details to Your Flag Picture - Step 8
8. Continue drawing the overlapping circles until you've drawn five in all.
Complete the Outline of Your Flag Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a circle in the center of one of the flags. This is the flag of Japan. Draw two vertical lines across the remaining flag to depict the flag of France.
Color Your Flag Drawing
Your simple flag design is now complete. Color your flags. India's flag has stripes of saffron (yellow), white, and green. The Chakra symbol is white and navy blue.
The Olympic flag is white with blue, yellow, black, red, and green rings. These rings include colors from every national flag in the world.
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Easy Things Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Flag Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).