Learn how to draw a great looking Mask with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Mask.
You can channel tropical and cultural vibes when you learn how to draw a mask with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Masks like this one have been used in cultures around the world, from North America and Africa to the islands of the Pacific. Not only do they hide a person's identity, but masks are often used in religious rituals.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This mask consists of familiar shapes like teardrops, ovals, triangles, and half-circles. You can even cut out the eyes of your drawing and wear it as an actual mask!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Mask
How to Draw a Great Looking Mask for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon mask outline by drawing two long, curved lines. Connect them with a short straight line.
Easy Mask Drawing - Step 2
2. Connect the open ends of the lines with another long curved line, fully enclosing a teardrop shape. Then, draw another curved line roughly parallel to it, giving the side of the mask a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Mask Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the eyes. Draw two semicircles in the middle of the mask, and enclose another semicircle below each.
Easy Mask Drawing - Step 4
4. Shade a circle inside each eye. Connect the eyelids with a "V" shaped line, and enclose a rectangle shape above them, erasing as necessary.
Easy Mask Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a straight line parallel to one side of the rectangle. Then, extend two pairs of curved lines from the "V" shaped line to the sides of the mask. Below this, begin the tip of the nose with a "C" shaped line.
Easy Mask Drawing - Step 6
6. Connect the tip of the nose to the lines across the cheek using two more "C" shaped lines, forming the nostrils. From each nostril, extend a curved line to the side of the mask. Then, draw a curved shape with a line inside it to form the smiling mouth.
Easy Mask Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a curved line across the top of the mask, and enclose triangle shapes at its chin.
Add More Details to Your Mask Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more curved lines across the top of the mask. Within the rectangular shape, enclose a triangle and two ovals of different sizes.
Complete the Outline of Your Mask Drawing - Step 9
9. Use straight lines to make a triangle pattern across the top of the mask. Draw small ovals across the cheeks.
Color Your Mask Drawing
Your cartoon tribal mask outline is now complete. Masks like this one are often carved from wood and then painted in bright colors. You may choose to color your mask a woody brown or utilize any colors you like.
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute Easy Things Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mask Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).