Learn how to draw a great looking Food with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Food.
Feeling hungry? You can learn how to draw food with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing guide.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You will recognize familiar shapes in the drawing - ovals, half-circles, rectangles, cylinders, and rectangular prisms. The latter shapes lend a three-dimensional look to the objects, especially when shaded accordingly.
If this guide whets your appetite for more, why not try out other fast food, carnival, and food truck favorites, like this canned soda drawing or a bag of chips drawing. You can even learn how to draw corn dogs.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Food
How to Draw a Great Looking Food for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon food outline with a burger drawing. Draw a rounded semicircle for the top bun. Enclose partial circle shapes beneath it to indicate sliced tomatoes. Use a series of curved lines to trace the wavy edge of the lettuce leaf.
Easy Food Drawing - Step 2
2. Finish enclosing the lettuce with a long, wavy line. Then, enclose two more partial circle shapes to indicate the patty and the lower bun.
Easy Food Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the cylinder shape of the drink cup. Use an oval for the top and curved lines for the sides. Draw a curved line within the oval, parallel to the side, to add dimension to the lid.
Easy Food Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a smaller oval on top of the lid, with a line across it, and an even smaller oval in the middle. From the small oval, extend two curved lines, erasing as necessary, to form the straw. Embellish the cup with a pair of curved lines.
Easy Food Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a pair of wavy lines at the top of the straw to form the bend in the straw. From the bend, extend two curved lines and connect them with an oval.
Easy Food Drawing - Step 6
6. Contour the bend in the straw with a "V" shaped line. Then, begin drawing the box of French fries. Use a series of straight and curved lines to enclose the cube-shaped box. Notice the overlap of some lines, as well as the half-circle-shaped indentation in the front of the box. Extend an "L" shaped line upward to begin drawing the first fry.
Easy Food Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, draw more French fries. Enclose tall, narrow pentagon shapes that overlap.
Add More Details to Your Food Picture - Step 8
8. Draw more French fries until the box is full.
Complete the Outline of Your Food Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a few more French fries, then enclose small teardrop-shaped sesame seeds on top of the hamburger bun.
Color Your Food Drawing
Your cartoon food outline is now complete. Color the yellow fries, the brown patty and bun, and the brightly-hued packaging.
Pay special attention to the shading of the French fries in our example. Notice how the darker color on one side gives the fry a square top and two rectangular sides.
For more great food drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Food Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Food Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).