Learn how to draw a great looking Football Player with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Football Player.
Football players must wear special gear to protect themselves from injury. Most important is the helmet, which protects the head and brain. It has a hard outer shell and interior padding, as well as a face mask.
Today's helmets are much sturdier than those of the past. Before the 1950s, football helmets were made of hardened leather.
Football is a contact sport, so other precautions must also be taken. Mouthguards are used to protect the teeth. Football players wear shoulder pads and other padding to protect their bodies from impact. Gloves and special shoes are also worn.
Colors on the uniforms allow onlookers to tell the players of one team from those of the other.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Uniform numbers in American football are more specific than in other sports. Certain numbers are worn only by players in certain positions, helping referees determine whether the rules are being followed.
Would you like to draw an athletic football player? This simple, step-by-step drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil or pen and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Football Player
How to Draw a Great Looking Football Player for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an irregular shape, like a rounded rectangle with a bulge on each side. This outlines the opening in the football player's helmet. Draw a curved line from one side of the opening to the other, parallel to the top of the opening; use another curved line to do the same on the bottom of the opening. Then, draw a curved line like a half circle above this figure, indicating the top of the helmet's outer shell.
Easy Football Player Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line beneath the helmet, outlining the face mask. Then, draw several pairs of lines across the opening of the face mask.
Easy Football Player Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long, curved line downward from the helmet, outlining the player's back. Use three curved lines to craft the sleeve, and additional curved lines to outline the arm, noting the bend in the elbow. Use long, narrow "U" shaped lines to outline the fingers and enclose the hand. Sketch a wristband using two curved lines.
Easy Football Player Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw in the rest of the player's shirt. Use a "V" to form the neck, and rectangular shapes to indicate the number on the front of the uniform. Use curved lines to enclose the shape of the shirt. Note the short lines that add detail around the neck and under the arms.
Easy Football Player Drawing - Step 5
5. Use two curved lines to outline the remaining arm, and another line to indicate the wristband. Then, draw the football. Use two curved lines that meet in gentle points to outline the ball, and band it with two sets of parallel lines. Draw curved lines parallel to the outline of the ball to add texture. Note the "U" shaped lines that form fingers at the top of the ball.
Easy Football Player Drawing - Step 6
6. Use long, curved lines to outline the pants. Note the short curved lines that indicate folds in the fabric.
Easy Football Player Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the helmet and face. Stripe the helmet with two sets of parallel lines. Draw the nose and eyebrows using curved lines. Sketch the eyes using a shaded circle within a larger circle.
Add More Details to Your Football Player Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a pair of curved lines downward from each pant leg. These lines form the player's lower legs.
Complete the Outline of Your Football Player Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a curved line at the bottom of each foot to enclose the irregular shape of the player's shoes.
Color Your Football Player Drawing
10. Color your football player. What are your favorite team's colors? Then, round out your team with more tutorials from our people drawing guides.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Simple People Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Football Player Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).