Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Ninja with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Ninja.
Who is that shadowy figure creeping through the darkness? It might just be a ninja! You can learn how to draw a cartoon ninja with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial.
Ninjas were secret warriors in ancient Japan. They were known for keeping their identities a secret, as you can see from the masks this one wears.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Ninjas have long captured people's imaginations. If you like this drawing, check out this Kai from Ninjago drawing. He is both a ninja and a Lego Minifigure!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Ninja
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Ninja for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon ninja outline by sketching the ninja’s head. Use a long curved line to draw an incomplete round shape.
Then, draw a rounded and inverted “V” shaped line within that shape. This is the ninja’s hood.
Easy Cartoon Ninja Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw a mask across the lower part of his face. Use curved lines for the top and bottom of the mask, and to contour the fabric.
Easy Cartoon Ninja Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a horizontal line across the top of the face, and vertical lines at each side. Between them, draw the ninja’s eyes.
Use two curved lines to sketch the eyebrows and eyelids on each side. Then enclose a circle for each eye.
Easy Cartoon Ninja Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, begin sketching the ninja’s body. Use curved lines to outline the torso and arms. Draw a short line to form a “Y” shape between each arm and the torso.
Easy Cartoon Ninja Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two parallel diagonal lines across the tunic, then draw a diagonal line in the opposite direction. Draw more lines in a crosshatch or checkerboard pattern between the previous lines.
Then, enclose a narrow rounded rectangle above each shoulder. These are the handles of the ninja’s weapons.
Easy Cartoon Ninja Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another pair of diagonal lines across the torso, erasing as necessary. Below the torso, enclose a curved rectangle shape to form a belt.
Below the belt, enclose two more curved rectangles - the ends of the tunic - and band each with a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Ninja Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular round shape of the legs. Below the legs, draw the irregular round shape of the feet. Connect the legs and feet with pairs of lines.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Ninja Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a rectangle extending from each sleeve. Band the end with a line, then fill the rest with a cross hatching pattern. Also, draw a crosshatch pattern on the narrow part of each leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Ninja Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to enclose the fists. In one hand, draw a dagger-like weapon. Use two successively smaller circles to draw the pummel.
On the opposite side of the hand, draw a small rectangle followed by a diamond shape. Contour the diamond with a “t” shaped line.
Color Your Cartoon Ninja Drawing
Your cartoon ninja outline is now complete. Color your character. Ninjas often wore dark colors to aid with stealthy travel at night, but you can color your ninja however you please.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Ninja Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).