Learn how to draw a great looking Golf Ball with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Golf Ball drawing.
Fore! You can improve your game by learning how to draw a golf ball. Call for your caddy and grab your clubs, it's time to hit the green!
Golf's origins are unclear, but it arose in Europe and gained popularity worldwide during the twentieth century. It is played by striking a small ball with a club, with the intention of landing the ball in or near a hole located some distance away.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Today, golf is often seen as a status symbol. The wealthy join country clubs to play the slow-moving, relaxing sport. Tournaments are also viewed on television.
Famous golfers include Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, and Arnold Palmer.
Did you know? Contrary to popular belief, the term "golf" is not an acronym for "gentlemen only, ladies forbidden." The word "golf" is likely derived from the Dutch word for club.
Miniature golf is another variation of the game. Rather than a wide-open course, a mini-golf course consists of smaller holes with many obstacles.
Courses are often themed - safari, medieval castles, or abandoned mines, for instance - and may feature Rube Goldberg devices that move the ball from one area to another.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Golf Ball
How to Draw a Great Looking Golf Ball for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to outline the ball.
Easy Golf Ball Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend two short straight lines from the bottom of the ball. Then, extend a long curved line from each of the short lines. This outlines the tee, which holds the ball so the golfer can strike it.
Easy Golf Ball Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw blades of grass around the golf tee. For each blade, extend two curved lines. Allow them to meet at a point.
Easy Golf Ball Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw more blades of grass. For each, extend two curved lines. Allow them to meet at a point.
Easy Golf Ball Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more blades of grass, partially hidden behind the tee and the previous blades. Use curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Golf Ball Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a vein down the center of each blade of grass. Use a curved line for each. Contour the top of the golf tee with a curved line.
Easy Golf Ball Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the dimples on the surface of the golf ball. Use a "C" shaped line for each.
Did you know? These dimples or small depressions cause the golf ball to travel farther than a smooth ball would. This is because it affects how the air flows around the ball.
Add More Details to Your Golf Ball Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to draw rows of dimples across the surface of the golf ball. Use a "C" shaped line for each dimple.
Complete the Outline of Your Golf Ball Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue to draw dimples until the surface of the ball is covered with evenly spaced depressions.
Color Your Golf Ball Drawing
Color your cartoon golf ball. Many are white and feature a printed logo. Balls used in miniature golf come in bright colors, such as yellow, orange, pink, and green. This helps players to locate and identify the ball they are using.
Golf Ball Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).