Learn how to draw a great looking Halloween Pumpkin with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Halloween Pumpkin.
Carving pumpkins is a classic Halloween tradition. This Halloween pumpkin drawing makes an ordinary gourd come to life.
Irish immigrants brought Halloween pumpkins to the United States. Carving pumpkins is hard, but you can use this cartoon drawing to make a pumpkin any time of the year. Try experimenting with different facial expressions.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Cartoon pumpkin drawings look challenging, but if you look closely, you'll see that pumpkins are made from basic ovals, triangles and hill shapes.
The stem doesn't have to look exactly like the one in the image because pumpkin stems are uneven. Could you draw some other gourds to give your pumpkin a friend?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Halloween Pumpkin
How to Draw a Great Looking Halloween Pumpkin for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw two identical curved lines that point in opposite directions like a mirror image. Add a curve beneath the line on the left, then connect both lines with two curves.
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Drawing - Step 2
2. Add a semi-oval and curve inside the first shape. Repeat the previous steps for the eye on the right.
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the nose with an arrow between the eyes. Sketch a wide M-shape for the mouth.
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw triangles for the jagged teeth. Make the triangles overlap so that the teeth look three-dimensional. Add a hook on the left side of the mouth.
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch the final tooth and another hook on the right. Underneath the teeth, sketch a triangle pointing downward and an uneven hill on each side.
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two triangles in the center with lines that overlap the other teeth. Add lines inside the edges of the mouth for depth.
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch a hill over the center of the eyes. Draw two overlapping hills on each side, then outline your Halloween pumpkin's head with wide curves. Add another arrow in the center bottom teeth.
Add More Details to Your Halloween Pumpkin Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a semi-circle underneath the center of the bottom teeth, then add a curve on either side to complete the pumpkin. Sketch wavy lines on top for the stem.
Complete the Outline of Your Halloween Pumpkin Drawing - Step 9
9. Add a curve inside the stem, then draw loose, wavy lines on top. Frame the stem with two more hills.
Color Your Halloween Pumpkin Drawing
Outline your cartoon Halloween pumpkin, filling in the nose with black. Color your pumpkin with your favorite shade of bright orange. Add shadows on the bottom and around the facial features to make them look sunken.
Make the stem green and the eyes bright yellow. Color the mouth and space behind the eyes black to give your pumpkin depth.
For more great Halloween ideas drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Halloween Ideas Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Halloween Pumpkin Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).