Learn how to draw a great looking Pumpkin with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Pumpkin drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw a pumpkin? It's easy when you use this cartoon vegetable drawing tutorial.
The pumpkin is the fruit of certain squash or gourd plants. Though the word "pumpkin" comes from a Greek word for melon, the plant itself was first discovered in Central America. It was first cultivated by Native Americans and later around the world.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In autumn, many people like to pick their own pumpkin from a pumpkin patch. The pumpkin can then be made into a delicious pumpkin pie or carved to create a scary jack 'o lantern. Pumpkins are iconic decorations of the fall season.
Most pumpkins are small enough to hold with two hands, but they can also reach enormous proportions. The record-setting heaviest pumpkin ever grown weighed 2,624 lbs (1,190 kg)!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pumpkin
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 1
1. Draw an oval or egg shape to create the first rib of the pumpkin. Then, enclose another curved shape alongside it to create a second rib.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue using long curved lines to enclose rounded ribs until the pumpkin has a round, full shape.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the pumpkin's thick stem. Extend two curved lines from the top of the pumpkin. From each of these, draw a long curved line. The lines should be roughly parallel and "S" shaped.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a curved line to enclose the end of the stem. Draw another curved line across it to give the tip of the stem an oval shape.
Then, texture the stem with curved lines. Use additional short lines to begin enclosing the ribs visible behind the stem.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the pumpkin's ribs. Then, draw tendrils of vine terminating from the stem. Use long, curving, "S" shaped lines.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a leaf along the pumpkin vine. First, extend a curved line from the vine. This forms the leaf's stem and vein. Then, use a series of connected, curved lines to outline the body of the leaf.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw the body of the leaf on the opposite side of the vein. Then, draw secondary veins extending from the primary vein or midrib.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining veins, and begin a second leaf. Again, use a curved line for the stem and a series of curved lines to sketch the outline of the leaf.
Pumpkin Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the leaf, erasing as necessary. Finish outlining the leaf, and draw the secondary veins.
Complete Pumpkin Drawing
Color your pumpkin. Traditionally, pumpkins are orange in color. They can also be yellow, brown, green, or white!
For more great Thanksgiving and Fall drawing tutorials, see the 27 Best Thanksgiving and Fall Drawing Tutorials post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).