Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Heart.
Would you like to draw a perfectly shaped heart? This step-by-step easy heart drawing guide will show you how.
Hearts are notoriously hard to draw. But they don't have to be. Instead of drawing two curved lines and hoping they match, you will learn how to use straight lines and circles to create a perfectly symmetrical heart.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The heart beating in your chest is not actually heart-shaped. Check out this anatomical human heart drawing tutorial to learn all about it.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy heart outline by drawing a straight, vertical line. You can use a ruler or straight edge. This line is called a guide line. You will erase it later, but in the meantime, it will help you draw a perfect heart.
Easy Easy Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a straight, horizontal line overlapping the vertical line at a perpendicular angle. It should cross it near the top to make a form like a lowercase "t."
Easy Easy Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a circle overlapping the lines. It should touch the ends of the lines on the top and side. This will help you two draw one of the humps or upper ridges of the heart.
Easy Easy Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another circle. Again, it should overlap the lines and touch the tips of the lines on top and on the remaining side.
Easy Easy Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the horizontal line from your drawing; you will not need it anymore. Then, draw a curved line from the bottom of the vertical line to the side of one of the circles. This outlines the side of the heart.
Easy Easy Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase the circle guide lines from the first half of the heart. Then, draw a curved line from the bottom of the vertical line to the side of the opposite circle.
Easy Easy Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the remaining guide lines from the heart. Then, draw a small circle near the top of one of the ridges. This is a shininess or reflection of light. It will help give your drawing a three-dimensional appearance.
Add More Details to Your Easy Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line below the circle. This begins another, longer shine mark.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a curved line to complete the elongated shape.
Color Your Easy Heart Drawing
Your easy heart outline is now complete. Color your drawing. We've shaded our example pink, a common color for hearts.
Red is probably the second most common color, but hearts can come in many shades. Text message hearts, for example, can be white, brown, blue, green, yellow, purple, black, and gray, in addition to pink and red.
Hearts can also be more than one color, from two-toned to rainbow stripes. Feel free to get creative!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).