Learn how to draw a great looking Dolphin Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Dolphin Heart.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Do you love dolphins? Do you want to save the oceans? Or maybe you care about someone who treasures a coastal lifestyle. You can use this dolphin heart drawing guide to show how you feel.
Dolphins are social marine mammals. They are often used to symbolize fun summer days at the beach.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Can a dolphin help you say "I love you"? Well, in the film Independence Day, Will Smith's character explained the engagement ring in his locker this way: "Jasmine kinda has a thing for dolphins, I don't know."
The dolphins in this tutorial are also reminiscent of Lisa Frank's Dancing Dolphins. They, too, leap into the air, their bodies forming the outline of a heart.
If you enjoyed this easy animal tutorial, check out our orca drawing guide. Orcas or killer whales are the largest dolphin species.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cat Fish, How to Draw an Orca, and How to Draw a Whale.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dolphin Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Dolphin Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the dolphin heart outline by drawing the beak of the first dolphin. Use a curved, "U" shaped line for the beak. Then draw the eye. Use a curved line for the cheek, and enclose a partial oval above it. Draw a smaller oval inside the eye and shade between them. Then, use a short curved line for the eyebrow.
Easy Dolphin Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to trace the dolphin's sleek body. Extend a long curved line from the top of the beak to form the animal's head, back, and tail. Extend a line below the beak to begin tracing the dolphin's chest. Draw a curved line across the beak to indicate the mouth.
Easy Dolphin Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a curved line from the dolphin's body and double it back upon itself to form the flipper. Continue the line of the belly below the flipper to the base of the tail. Then, use another curved line to trace one of the dolphin's tail fins.
Easy Dolphin Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose the dorsal fin on the dolphin's back, the remaining pectoral fin, and the opposite side of the tail fin.
Easy Dolphin Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. Now, you will draw another dolphin, a mirror image of the first. Use a curved line for the beak, touching the beak of the original dolphin. Then draw the eye, using curved lines for the brow and cheek, and ovals for the eye itself.
Easy Dolphin Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line to trace the dolphin's head and back, and a shorter line for the smiling mouth.
Easy Dolphin Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the pectoral fin using a curved line that doubles back upon itself. Extend a long curved line from the bottom of the beak, behind the fin, to the base of the dolphin's tail.
Add More Details to Your Dolphin Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to enclose the tail fin.
Complete the Outline of Your Dolphin Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the dolphin heart outline by drawing the pectoral fin and the dorsal fin. Use curved lines for each.
Color Your Dolphin Heart Drawing
Color your heart-shaped dolphin cartoon.
Did you know? Dolphins are off in shaded blue in cartoons, but in the wild, they come in many colors. Many dolphins are gray, but others are white with black spots. Some have black and yellow stripes. There is even a type of freshwater river dolphin that is pink in color!
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Best Heart Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dolphin Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).