Learn how to draw a great looking Hoodie with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Hoodie.
Hoodies have been a popular clothing item since the 1970s, though they were not given the name "hoodie" or "hoody" until the 1990s.
Hoodies are hooded sweatshirts or jackets; some zip up and others are pullovers.
Many hoodies feature screen printings of sports mascots, school names, tourist attractions, cartoon characters, or other themes of interest.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Hoodies are just the most recent incarnation of a centuries-old fashion. In medieval Europe, as early as the twelfth century, hooded garments such as tunics or robes became popular.
These were worn by such varied persons as outdoor laborers, monks, students, and others. These ancient hoodies were called chaperons or capas.
The modern hoodie arose during the 1930s, marketed to outdoor workers by the sportswear brand Champion.
By the 1970s, the hip-hop, skater, and other urban cultures had embraced the hoodie.
The garment also appeared in the 1976 film Rocky.
Hoodies are now ranked with blue jeans as a high fashion item, both transcending the original utilitarian purpose of the items.
Hoodies are go-to garments for middle school through college students, musical artists, athletes, skateboarders, military personnel, soccer moms, and more.
Would you like to draw a cool hoodie? Now you can, with the help of this simple, step-by-step hoodie drawing guide.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Hoodie
How to Draw a Great Looking Hoodie for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an upside-down teardrop shape, with its pointed end facing downward and its curved side up. This forms the opening of the hood.
Easy Hoodie Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line encircling the top of the teardrop shape. This forms the top of the hood.
Easy Hoodie Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line extending downward from one side of the hood. Curve the line into a horizontal position, then double it back upon itself. This forms one of the hoodie's sleeves.
Easy Hoodie Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a long curved line from the opposite side of the hood. At the bottom, bring the line into a horizontal position, then double it back upon itself. This forms the second sleeve, a mirror image of the first.
Easy Hoodie Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose a rounded rectangular shape at the bottom of each sleeve. These are the cuffs of the sleeves.
Easy Hoodie Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a curved line downward from one sleeve. Bring it into a horizontal position when it reaches the cuffs, and then draw it upward to connect with the opposite sleeve. This line forms the sides and bottom of the hoodie.
Easy Hoodie Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long curved line to enclose a rounded shape at the bottom of the hoodie. Then, texture this hem and the cuffs by banding them with short lines.
Add More Details to Your Hoodie Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose an irregular shape in the middle of the hoodie. Notice how it is wider at the bottom than at the top. Draw curved lines within the shape, parallel to the outline. This forms the hoodie's pocket.
Complete the Outline of Your Hoodie Drawing - Step 9
9. Shade two small ovals beneath the point of the hood's opening. Then, draw a curved line downward from each oval. Shade another small oval at the end of each line, forming the hood's drawstrings.
Color Your Hoodie Drawing
Color your hoodie. Hoodies come in a variety of colors. They can be bright for enhanced visibility, like the one in our example. Or, they can be shaded to match your favorite school, sports team, or outfit!
You can find more clothing drawing guides among our collection of man-made objects. Or, create a character to wear your hoodie using our people drawing guides. With pencil and paper in hand, the possibilities are endless!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Hoodie Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).