Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon House with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon House.
Where would you like to live? You can design your dream home when you learn how to draw a cartoon house.
With the aid of this easy, step-by-step drawing guide, you might even be on your way to a career as an architect!
When designing houses or other buildings, architects must first draw a picture of what they want it to look like.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can even practice drawing famous buildings. Learn how to draw the White House in Washington D.C. or draw the Empire State Building in New York City.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon House
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon House for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon house outline by drawing a rectangle. Inside, use straight lines to divide the shape into three smaller rectangles.
Within the middle rectangle, draw a stack of four horizontal rectangles. These are the steps leading up to the door.
Easy Cartoon House Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw narrow horizontal rectangles above the outer rectangles. Connect them to the larger rectangles using narrow vertical rectangles. These are handrails on the porch.
Above the stairs, enclose a rectangle inside a rectangle. This is the door and the doorframe. On the door, draw four squares to form a window and a small circle for the doorknob.
Easy Cartoon House Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the side of the house using an “L” shaped line. Enclose a large rectangle inside a rectangle. This is the garage door. Draw three rectangles at the top of the garage door to form the windows.
Easy Cartoon House Drawing - Step 4
4. Texture the garage door with straight horizontal lines. Use a straight line to begin the opposite wall.
Easy Cartoon House Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another straight, vertical line between the two doors. Then, draw a narrow horizontal rectangle across the whole front of the house.
Easy Cartoon House Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two pairs of parallel lines on the porch. These are columns. Beside them, draw the windows. Frame the windows with narrow horizontal rectangles and “L” shaped lines.
Then draw a “t” shape across the window panes.
Easy Cartoon House Drawing - Step 7
7. Use straight lines to enclose the trapezoid shape of the roof.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon House Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a dormer window, erasing as necessary. Enclose the pentagon-shaped dormer and its “V” shaped roof. Use straight lines to draw the rectangular paned window.
Then, use two rectangles to draw a chimney on top of the roof.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon House Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the roof with shingles by drawing many, many rectangles across it.
Color Your Cartoon House Drawing
Your cartoon house outline is now complete. Color your cartoon house. We’ve given ours a beige exterior, a red roof, and blue trim. You can use whatever colors you’d like to design your dream house.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon House Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).