Learn how to draw a great looking Mother's Day Flower with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial, plus FREE printable pages.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Mother's Day Flower.
Since the dawn of human history, flowers have been given as gifts.
In ancient times, flowers often held religious meanings. For example, in ancient Greece, flowers were given to the family of a deceased person to prevent the haunting of the living.
In ancient Rome, brides carried bouquets of flowers to scare away evil spirits.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In Victorian Europe, floriography, the "language of flowers" was used to send secret messages. The type of flower, color, and arrangement all "said" something to the receiver of the gift.
Flower dictionaries helped people to decode the message. Some of these symbolic meanings are used to this day.
Today, flowers are still frequently given as gifts.
They often mark special occasions, such as graduations, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, or the birth of a baby.
The may also be given to say "I love you" or "I'm sorry."
Certain holidays, such as Valentine's day, are also associated with flower giving.
The holiday known as Mother's Day is celebrated throughout the world.
Children often give their mothers or grandmothers hand drawn cards, flowers, or small gifts.
Adults may give a red carnation, the official flower of Mother's Day, to their mothers.
In some areas, it is also the custom to leave white carnations on the graves of the deceased.
Would you like to draw a cute flower for your mom?
Perhaps you'd even like to make your own greeting card.
This simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help you say, "Mom, I love you."
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Likely, you will also desire crayons, colored pencils, or something similar to add color to your gift.
See also, An Easy Way to Draw a Lily.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Flower for Mother's Day
How to Draw a Great Looking Mother's Day Flower for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the flower's stem. Draw two curved lines, narrowly spaced and connected at the bottom.
Easy Mother's Day Flower Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the sepals, or green, leaf-like petals at the base of the flower. For each sepal, draw two curved lines, meeting at the bottom in sharp points. Do not connect the lines at the top. Then, use a curved line to connect the farthest edges of the sepals, enclosing this portion of the flower.
Easy Mother's Day Flower Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the blossom of the flower. Extend a long, curved line from each side of the sepal. Then, from each of these lines, draw a shorter, curved line towards the center of the flower. These lines form the exterior petals. Finally, enclose the flower by using two curved lines to form the third and final petal.
Easy Mother's Day Flower Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a leaf extending from the flower's stem. Use two curved lines, and allow them to meet in a rounded point at the leaf's tip. Draw a curved line from the base of the leaf to its center to indicate the vein. Detail the flower by drawing curved lines from the sepal to the center of the flower.
Easy Mother's Day Flower Drawing - Step 5
5. Write the word "Mom" above the flower, using curving letters.
Easy Mother's Day Flower Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved rectangle beneath the word "Mom," overlapping the stem of the flower. This will become a banner.
Easy Mother's Day Flower Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the guide lines from within the banner.
Add More Details to Your Mother's Day Flower Picture - Step 8
8. Write the words "I Love You" inside the rectangle.
Complete the Outline of Your Mother's Day Flower Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines beneath the word "Mom" to make your picture extra fancy.
Color Your Mother's Day Flower Drawing
10. Color your picture. How will you color your flower? What is your mom's favorite color? Many people give their mothers red flowers called carnations on Mother's Day.
For more great Mother's Day drawing tutorials, see the 17 Cute Mother's Day Drawing Designs post.
Don't stop now! Check out our plant drawing guides for a full bouquet of beautiful flowers, including roses, tulips, daisies, and more. If you need to add a little love, check out our heart drawing guides.
For more easy flower drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Plant Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!