Learn how to draw a great looking Necklace with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Necklace.
Necklaces are "one of the earliest types of adornment worn by humans." Prehistoric necklaces made of bones, shells, plants, and feathers have been found.
In ancient societies, necklaces had magical or religious meanings. Later, they came to be symbols of wealth and status, using precious metals such as gold and silver and rare gemstones.
The most important part of the necklace is the band or chain. Pendants or other decorative objects are attached to this band.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Today, some necklaces have become a part of popular culture. Rappers and hip hop artists are known for wearing chain necklaces.
The plot of the blockbuster film Titanic (1997) features an exceptionally large blue diamond made into a necklace called the Heart of the Ocean. The necklace was fictional, but replicas of it are often sold to fans.
The Hope Diamond, on display in a similar setting to the necklace in our tutorial, is one of the most famous necklaces in the world.
It's ownership has been documented for 400 years, and it is now on display at the Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
Would you like to draw a lovely beaded necklace? This easy, step-by-step necklace drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Necklace
How to Draw a Great Looking Necklace for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the necklace's beaded chain. Draw a series of small, connected, irregular rounded shapes. The chain itself should resemble the letter "C." Each of these circular shapes represents a bead or pearl.
Easy Necklace Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue to draw additional small, irregular, rounded shapes until the necklace itself almost forms a complete loop.
Easy Necklace Drawing - Step 3
3. Connect the two ends of the necklace by drawing a pendant. Enclose a circular shape, but use a wavy line to give the pendant decorative scalloped edges.
Easy Necklace Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a circle in the middle of the pendant.
Easy Necklace Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another, slightly larger, circle around the original circle in the middle of the pendant.
Easy Necklace Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw short, straight lines from the double circle within the pendant to the valleys of the pendant's scalloped edge. This helps to define the scalloped texture and adds depth to the drawing.
Easy Necklace Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another, smaller circle in the center of the pendant. Then, draw straight lines from this circle to the next largest circle. Notice that the lines form small triangle shapes. This forms the precious stone or gemstone at the center of the pendant, complete with the proper cut to make it sparkle.
Add More Details to Your Necklace Picture - Step 8
8. Draw small circles within many of the pearls or beads, beginning at the pendant and working your way up. These circles indicate a shine or sparkle and help give the pearls a rounded appearance. Do something similar to the gemstone by drawing two rounded shapes of different sizes within its central circle. Finally, draw a short curved line parallel to each scalloped edge of the pendant, adding further texture.
Complete the Outline of Your Necklace Drawing - Step 9
9. Erase a few of the pearls at the top or back of the necklace. Connect the ends of the necklace using a short line; notice the jagged lobe to one side of the line. Then, enclose the middle of the line in an oval. This indicates the clasp used to fasten the necklace, to take it on and off.
Color Your Necklace Drawing
Color your necklace. Pearls and gemstones come in many different colors. Pearls can be white, pink, blue, or even black. Gems may be green emeralds, red rubies, purple amethyst, blue sapphires, clear diamonds, or many other colors.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Really Easy Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Necklace Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).