Learn how to draw a great looking Simple Cute Butterfly with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Simple Cute Butterfly.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a simple cute butterfly? This easy insect drawing guide is here to show you how. Get ready for an adorable overload as you sketch this simple cute butterfly outline.
Butterflies are beautiful to look at. They are harmless insects - they cannot bite. And they seem to float slowly and effortlessly as they travel from flower to flower.
But butterflies are much more than pretty things. They play an important role as pollinators - animals that help plants reproduce as they carry pollen between flowers.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Why are pollinators important? Without them, many types of plants would soon die out - including plants that we use for food.
Pollinators are threatened by the widespread use of pesticides and the destruction of natural habitats. What can you do to help butterflies and other pollinators, such as bees, hummingbirds, and bats?
You can plant a butterfly garden that includes native wildflowers. If you want to do more, create a water source and put up butterfly houses, bat houses, and bee houses. Finally, you can spread the word by sketching this simple cute butterfly!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cute Caterpillar, Fence, and Flower Garden.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Simple Cute Butterfly
How to Draw a Great Looking Simple Cute Butterfly for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your simple cute butterfly outline by drawing a "C" shaped line. This will form the bottom of the butterfly's head.
Easy Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend two curved lines below the head. Double back the tip of each line. This will become the butterfly's furry thorax or midsection.
Easy Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a curved line from each line drawn in the previous stem. Double them back at the tips to form sharp points.
Easy Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line, continuing one side of the simple cute butterfly's thorax.
Easy Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved line on the opposite side to completely enclose the thorax, forming a gentle point at the bottom.
Easy Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail and complete the simple cute butterfly's face and head. Draw two partial ovals to form the eyes. Draw a thick curved line across each, and extend the line beyond the shape of the head.
This forms the eyelid and eyelashes. Draw a circle within a circle inside each eye, and shade between them to indicate the pupils. Then, draw a curved line to connect the eyes, fully enclosing the circle of the butterfly's head.
Easy Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the long, curly antennae. Extend two curved lines from the butterfly's head. The lines, though they do not touch at the top, should suggest a heart shape. Draw an oval at the tip of each antenna.
Add More Details to Your Simple Cute Butterfly Picture - Step 8
8. Next, outline the butterfly's magnificent wings. Use long curved lines to trace the rounded triangle shapes of the upper wings.
Then, use a series of curved lines to create the heart shapes of the lower wings. Draw an oval on each wingtip, and ornament the wings with narrow, curved triangles.
Complete the Outline of Your Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your simple cute butterfly outline by drawing the abdomen. From the thorax, extend two curved lines and allow them to meet at a sharp point. Enclose several curved shapes to texture the abdomen.
Color Your Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing
Color your simple cute butterfly cartoon. Butterflies sport many different colors and patterns. Will it be orange and black like a monarch butterfly? Green and black like the birdwing butterfly? Or will you create your own unique design?
For more great Cute cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Cute cartoons Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Simple Cute Butterfly Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).