Create a wonderful Car Front View drawing with easy, step-by-step instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Would you like to learn how to draw a car front view? This easy vehicle drawing tutorial can show you how.
Do you like to draw cars? Sketching the cars of their dreams has been a pastime of boys and girls for decades. Though it was invented just over a century ago, the automobile has become an integral part of daily life. Many people couldn't imagine life without owning a car.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This car is viewed from a forward angle, comparable to a portrait in people. This is in contrast to a profile or side view.
Unlike many cartoon cars, such as Lighting McQueen from Disney's Cars, this automobile does not have a face, mouth, or eyes. It is a realistic illustration.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Car Front View
1. Use a long curved line to outline the basic shape of the car. Note the rectangular shape of the front windshield and the bulges at the sides.
2. Draw a curved line across the front of the car, connecting the two sides. Then, draw another curved line to enclose the front bumper. Trace the shapes of the tires using curved lines.
3. Sketch a rounded rectangle shape to form the front window or windshield. Beneath it, use a long curved line to nearly enclose another rounded rectangle shape. Notice that the line does not attach to the windshield. This is the hood of the car.
4. Enclose two oval shapes, flattened on one end, at the front of the car. These are the car's headlights. Within each headlight, draw two circles.
5. Draw a curved vertical line through each headlight. Then, enclose an irregular round shape between the headlights. Draw another, similar shape within the first. This is the car's grill.
6. Texture the hood of the car with two curved lines. Then, draw the steering wheel. Outline the visible portion of the circular shape with a pair of curved lines. Draw another curved line through the opening in the middle.
7. Use curved lines to enclose the front seats. Near the roof, draw a rounded half-circle. This is the rearview mirror. Connect it to the ceiling with a pair of short, straight lines.
8. Draw the side mirrors. For each mirror, enclose an irregular rounded shape and attach it to the car with two short lines.
9. Draw an oval in the middle of the grill, and horizontal lines across it.
Color your cartoon car. What color will your new ride be? You could even add extra details to make it a police car.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).