Learn how to draw a great looking Tribal Heart Tattoo with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Tribal Heart Tattoo.
Would you like to learn how to draw a tribal heart tattoo? This step-by-step tutorial breaks down the tribal heart tattoo outline into a series of simple strokes.
What is a tribal tattoo? Tattooing is an ancient art form. Tattoo markings were often unique to or an identifier of the tribe or group you belonged to.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Early tattoos, however, were different than those of today. Without modern tools, the designs were often simpler and of a single color.
What is the meaning of a tribal heart tattoo? "It can be a remembrance tattoo of a lost loved one or styled with a dagger that represents the pain of love, betrayal, and descent.
The design can also symbolize spiritual meanings of religion and faith as in the sacred heart tattoos."
Do you want to let someone know, "You own the key to my heart"? Add a key to this design, with the heart serving as the lock. This type of design symbolizes fidelity.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tribal Heart Tattoo
How to Draw a Great Looking Tribal Heart Tattoo for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the tribal heart tattoo outline by enclosing a crescent shape. This will become one side and lobe of the heart.
Within the curve of this shape, draw a narrow curved triangle. This represents a shininess of reflection of light on the heart’s surface. It also lends a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of curved lines to draw the opposite side of the heart. A short straight line represents where the two sections meet.
Notice that this segment of the heart is not fully enclosed. Instead, it extends below the other half to form a spiral shape.
Easy Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to enclose this segment of the heart with a two-pointed shape, like the end of a ribbon.
Then, draw a three-pointed shape and a curved line beside the heart. These will become the petals of a rose.
Easy Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to craft the irregular shapes of the tribal rose petals.
Easy Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more triangular petals and curved, pointed shapes representing the leaves of the rose and the base of a second flower.
Easy Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to craft the pointed shapes of the petals of the second rose blossom.
Easy Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more pointed, curved rose petals and leaflike shapes.
Add More Details to Your Tribal Heart Tattoo Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a final cartoon rosebud. Use a triangular shape for the side of the flowers and crescent shapes for the tops of the petals.
Complete the Outline of Your Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the tribal heart tattoo outline by drawing curved triangle shapes around its lower point.
Color Your Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing
Shade your cartoon heart tattoo. True to tribal tattoo style, we’ve given ours a single dark coloration. You can do the same, or you can brighten the design with splashes of color.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Heart Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tribal Heart Tattoo Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).