Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Whale with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Whale.
You will have a whale of a time when you learn how to draw an easy whale with the help of this step-by-step drawing guide.
Whales are easy to draw. They have a large body with two pectoral fins and a double-finned tail. Their eyes are relatively small, nestled beside the huge mouth.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The blue whale, like the one pictured here, is the largest animal to ever live. It's bigger than the biggest land animal, Argentinosaurus, a long-necked dinosaur like the one in this dinosaur drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Whale
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Whale for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy whale outline by drawing a long, curved line. This will become the whale's mouth. Draw a short line at the corner of the mouth, and another beside it.
Enclose a partial circle on top of the last line. Draw two successively smaller ovals within it, and shade between them. This forms the whale's eye.
Easy Easy Whale Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend another long, curved line from the front of the whale's mouth, outlining the belly.
Easy Easy Whale Drawing - Step 3
3. At the end of the long line, extend another line. Draw yet another line to meet at a gentle point. This is one-half of the whale's tail. Use two more lines to draw the other half.
Easy Easy Whale Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a long, curved line connecting the mouth to the tail. This completely encloses the whale and forms its back.
Easy Easy Whale Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the whale's flipper, erasing as necessary. Use a long line for the front of the fin and a series of short lines for the trailing edge. Texture the fin with a few short lines.
Easy Easy Whale Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining fin, partially hidden behind the belly. Then, outline the belly with long lines from the mouth to the fin and from the fin to a point further down the body.
Easy Easy Whale Drawing - Step 7
7. Contour the chin and belly with long curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Whale Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to contour the underside of the whale with long curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Whale Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a spurt of water coming from the blowhole on top of the whale's head. Use curved lines that double back in a teardrop shape.
Color Your Easy Whale Drawing
Your easy whale outline is now complete. Color your cartoon whale. Whales are usually dark gray with white markings, but they appear blue in deep water.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Whale Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).