Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Dinosaur with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cute Dinosaur.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cute dinosaur? This easy, step-by-step prehistoric drawing tutorial will help you master the cute dinosaur outline.
Did you know? One of the first-ever cartoons featured a cute dinosaur like this one.
It was called Gertie the Dinosaur and was released in 1914 - over 100 years ago! In the film, the playful Gertie did tricks for her human master.
Cute dinosaur cartoon characters have long been popular.
Generations have grown up with Littlefoot, the "long-neck" dinosaur from The Land Before Time, along with his friends Ducky the "duck-bill" hadrosaur, Petrie the "flyer" or pterodactyle, Cera the "three-horn or triceratops, and Spike the "spike-tail" or stegosaurus.
This film also featured the fearsome "sharp-tooth," or tyrannosaurus rex!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Do you know the official name for a long-necked dinosaur like the one in our illustration? For decades, children learned that its name was brontosaurus.
Later, scientists decided that brontosaurus and brachiosaurus were actually the same species, and they retired the name brontosaurus.
Yet, recently, fossils of brontosaurus have been identified - the brontosaurus is back!
In addition to the brontosaurus and brachiosaurus, there were other dinosaurs with long, giraffe-like necks. These include apatosaurus and diplodocus.
Now, make some pre-history as you draw this cute dinosaur outline.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Dinosaur
How to Draw a Great Looking Cute Dinosaur for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin drawing the cute dinosaur outline by making three long, curved lines. Two loosely parallel lines will form the neck. The third will become the back. It should meet and overlap the upper neck line.
Easy Cute Dinosaur Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, sketch the foreleg. Use two curved lines for the dinosaur's chest and shoulder. From the shoulder, extend another line, and double it back upon itself to outline the foot and leg.
Then, draw short lines at the top of the leg and base of the neck.
Easy Cute Dinosaur Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the remaining front leg. Again, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself to outline the elephant-like foot. Then, use "U" shaped lines to form the toenails on each foot.
Easy Cute Dinosaur Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the rear leg. Use a curved line for the upper part of the leg. Allow it to overlap a second line that doubles back on itself to complete the outline.
Easy Cute Dinosaur Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two curved lines between the front and rear leg, outlining the belly and remaining rear leg. Use "U" shaped lines to draw the toenails as you did on the front feet.
Easy Cute Dinosaur Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch the cute dinosaur cartoon's head. Use curved lines to outline the jaw, top and sides of the head, snout, and chin. Curve one line at the top of the head inward, not connecting with the other line.
Between them, draw a series of "U" shaped lines to enclose a crest or spikes on the dinosaur's head. Use small "U" shaped lines for the nostrils, and shade a small oval within each.
Easy Cute Dinosaur Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two ovals for the eyes. Shade a smaller oval within each to indicate the pupils. Enclose a curved shape above each eye, forming the eyebrows.
Add More Details to Your Cute Dinosaur Picture - Step 8
8. Extend two lines, one from the rear leg and the other from the dinosaur's back. Let the lines meet at a gentle point, forming the tail. Sketch spikes on top of the tail using a series of "U" shaped lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Cute Dinosaur Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a line down the dinosaur's back, and enclose "U" shaped spikes above it. Erase as necessary.
Color Your Cute Dinosaur Drawing
Color your cute dinosaur outline. Since no one has ever seen a dinosaur, we don't know what colors they really were. Were they green or brown like this one? Get creative as you color your cartoon!
For more great Cute cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun Cute cartoons Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cute Dinosaur Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).