Learn how to draw a great looking Woman Side Profile with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Woman Side Profile.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
The female form has been a popular subject of both cartoons and fine art since time immemorial. By some estimates, the models pictured in some of the galleries Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) in New York City are 85 percent female.
This includes classic statues and paintings from ancient Greece, Rome, China, and medieval Europe.
This drawing tutorial features a woman's face in profile, as seen from the side. Profile portraits have also long held popularity.
For example, profiles have been used on coins and pottery since ancient times. Their beauty is in their simplicity, which relies on the bony structures of the face, namely the forehead, nose, and chin.
Before the invention of the camera, profiles called silhouettes could be easily made to recreate the proportions of the face.
Light was cast on the model, and the shadow was sketched. The sketch was usually shaded with no other details filled in.
According to the ancient Roman historian Pliny the Elder, "the first drawing ever made was by a woman named Dibutades, who traced the silhouette of her lover on a wall."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon female face in profile? This easy, step-by-step woman's profile drawing guide can show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. Then, you can use the steps you learned to make sketches of friends and family.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Ballerina, Jessica Rabbit, and Face.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Woman Side Profile
How to Draw a Great Looking Woman Side Profile for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you to form the shape of the woman’s face.
Easy Woman Side Profile Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a rounded triangle on the lower side of the face, using two lines. This will help form the woman’s chin.
Easy Woman Side Profile Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the portion of the original circle that is at the base of the triangle, leaving a clean outline of the face. Then, draw two curved lines descending from the figure, forming the neck.
Easy Woman Side Profile Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue detailing the outline of the face. Use two curved lines to trace the triangular nose, and erase the original circle from beneath it. Then, use a series of curved lines to form the lips, again erasing the original circle as needed.
Easy Woman Side Profile Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the triangular chin and smooth its appearance, drawing a long, curved line in its place.
Easy Woman Side Profile Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a curved line to enclose the irregular shape of the ear. Then, use a series of overlapping curved lines and small circles to detail the cartilage inside the ear.
Easy Woman Side Profile Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the face. Use two curved lines that meet at a point to form the eyebrow. Beneath this, draw a “Y” shaped series of curved lines to outline the upper and lower eyelids. Connect the arms of the “Y” with a curved line; make sure the arms extend past the connecting line, which marks the surface of the eyeball. Shade the oval-shaped pupil, and contour the upper lid and the cheek with a curved line. Finally, draw a “C” shaped line alongside the nose, along with a small shaded oval, to indicate the nostril.
Add More Details to Your Woman Side Profile Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the hair, erasing as necessary. Use a series of long, overlapping curved lines to draw the hair at the face, passing behind the ear, at the back of the head, and the top of the head, connected by a rounded rectangular bun.
Complete the Outline of Your Woman Side Profile Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the hair. Draw curved lines diagonally across the bun and scalp.
Color Your Woman Side Profile Drawing
Color your woman.
Would you like to learn how to draw cartoon people like a skilled artist? Check out our people drawing guides, where you'll learn to draw your favorite characters, classic archetypes, and even create your own cartoon characters.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy and Fun People Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Woman Side Profile Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).