Draw a great looking Jessica Rabbit with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Jessica Rabbit may not be what you'd expect. This cartoon diva is not a rabbit at all. Rather, she is an animated woman, the wife of furry and long-eared comic strip character Roger Rabbit.
Though cast as a femme fatale - a mysterious and seductive woman - Jessica is devoted to Roger. She is willing to do anything to save him - first his career, and later he himself when he is framed for murder.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
As a part of popular culture, Jessica Rabbit is a modern rendition of classic pin-up girls and detective movie dames. She is said to have been inspired by real-life actresses like Rita Hayworth and Lauren Bacall. Author Gary K. Wolf claims to have based Jessica on Tinker Bell, Marilyn Monroe, and the cartoon girlfriend of Droopy variously called Red Hot Riding Hood and Miss Vavoom.
She appeared in a number of Roger Rabbit short films and made a cameo appearance in the Disney film Aladdin and the King of Thieves.
Would you like to draw Jessica Rabbit? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Jessica Rabbit
1. Begin by sketching Jessica's face. Use a backward "S" shaped line to sketch her hair. Use curved lines to form the forehead and chin. Connect them using a small "C" shaped line for the ear.
2. Draw Jessica's arm. Use pairs of curved and straight lines to draw the upper and lower arm, bent at the elbow. Notice how the lines converge near the elbow and wrist. Use a curved line for the palm of the hand, and long, narrow "U" shaped lines for each finger.
3. Beginning above the ear and culminating at the shoulder, use long, curved lines to outline Jessica's flowing hair.
4. Draw curved lines across the upper arm to enclose the top of the glove. Draw a long, curved line downward from the hair to outline the back, and connect it to the wrist using a short curved line. Detail the contour of the back with a curved line. Use a curved line to trace the rounded triangular shape of the chest, visible in front of the arm. Draw a curved line across it to indicate the top of the garment.
5. Use pairs of curved lines to sketch the upper and lower arm. Connect the lines at the wrist using a short, curved line.
6. Extend a curved line downward from each side of the waist to outline the shape of the dress.
7. Use a pair of curved lines to outline the leg. The lines should meet at a point at the top, indicating a slit in the dress. Enclose the foot by drawing the high-heeled shoe. Draw the shoe using s series of straight and curved lines.
8. Use a long, curved line to enclose the flowing skirt of the dress. Draw curved lines along the front and back of the dress to indicate creases in the material.
9. Detail Jessica's face. Use three curved lines that meet in gentle points on each side to enclose the eye and eyelid. Shade a round pupil within the eye. Use three lines to similarly enclose the mouth. Then, use short curved lines to indicate the nose and eyebrow.
Color Jessica Rabbit. She wears a red dress and purple gloves. She also has red hair.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).