Learn how to draw a great looking Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Face.
Have you ever wanted to draw a face - to sketch your friends, your family members, or someone from your imagination? Many people think that drawing faces is too hard. But this easy, step-by-step realistic face drawing tutorial is here to show you otherwise.
Even if your previous portraits have been stick figures with smiley faces, you can draw a detailed portrait of a man.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
First, look for the new lines added in each step. Copy them into your drawing.
After you have completed this drawing, expand your skills with other portrait drawings. Draw this Black man's face, noting the subtle differences, such as the hairstyle. Or, learn how to draw a Barbie doll face to give your portrait subject a female companion.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the face outline by drawing the eyes. Use curved lines to outline the double-pointed shapes, and band the inner corners with short lines.
Then, draw three successively smaller circles inside each eye. Shade the smallest circle and the top half of the larger circle.
Then, contour above and below the eyes using curved lines. Employ tiny lines to indicate eyelashes.
Easy Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Shade thick, pointed eyebrows above each eye. Then use long and short curved lines to sketch and contour the nose.
Easy Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to sketch the nostrils and tip of the nose, as well as the unsmiling mouth. Contour the nose, upper, and lower lips with short lines.
Easy Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the cheeks and chin with a long curved line.
Easy Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw an overlapping curved line on each side of the face. Then, use curved lines to enclose the ears and contour within them.
Easy Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of overlapping curved around the top of the face. Allow two of the lines to meet at a jagged point, forming a lock of hair.
Easy Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to draw and contour more hair.
Add More Details to Your Face Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines to complete the outline of the hair on top of the head. Texture the hair with more curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Extend a curved line from each side of the face to outline the neck. Contour the front of the neck with additional curved lines.
Color Your Face Drawing
Your face outline is now complete. Color your realistic portrait. You can choose the skin, hair, and eye colors to match your favorite friend or celebrity.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).