Learn how to draw a great looking Baby Groot with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Baby Groot drawing.
"I am Groot."
- Groot, Guardians of the Galaxy
Groot is one of Marvel Comics' many superheroes, created by the legendary Stan Lee. He first appeared in Tales to Astonish #13 in 1960.
What is Groot? He is a tree-like alien. Groot's sidekick and best friend is a cybernetically enhanced raccoon named Rocket. They are a part of the heroic misfits known as the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
On their first mission, Groot sacrificed himself to protect his friends from an explosion. Rocket collected one of the twigs and placed it in a small pot filled with soil. Soon, the twig began to grow, giving rise to baby Groot.
Would you like to draw an adorable baby Groot? This Marvel character drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished character.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Baby Groot
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby Groot for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval within an oval, oriented horizontally. This will form the top of Groot's pot.
Easy Baby Groot Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw diagonal lines descending from the top of the pot. Connect them using a third line, making sure to round the corners. This outlines the flower pot.
Easy Baby Groot Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a pair of curved lines emerging from the pot, erasing guide lines as necessary. Connect them at the bottom using a zigzag line.
Easy Baby Groot Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of curved lines to outline Groot's arm and hand. Notice the three pointed fingers.
Easy Baby Groot Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of curved lines to draw the opposite arm.
Easy Baby Groot Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw leaves springing from Groot's arms. Enclose each leaf using two curved lines, allowing them to meet at a point. Draw a line down the center to form the central vein. Then, draw lines from the central vein to the edge of the leaf.
Easy Baby Groot Drawing - Step 7
7. Next, outline Groot's head. Draw a large curved line at the top of the body. Connect it at the top using a very jagged, sharply pointed zigzag line. Notice that the "peaks" and "valleys" of the line are of different sizes. Then, draw additional zigzag lines between some of the "peaks." Draw a forked twig emerging from the top of the head, and draw a leaf on it. Use two curved lines that meet at a point, and lines to form the veins.
Add More Details to Your Baby Groot Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Groot's face. For each eye, enclose an oval within a circle. Draw a curved shape, pointed on the ends, above each eye to indicate the eyebrows. Draw a "U" shaped smiling mouth, with short lines adorning each corner.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Groot Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line inside the lip of the pot to indicate the soil. Texture Groot with curved lines of different lengths.
Color Your Baby Groot Drawing
Color Groot. He is typically brown in color.
Check out our character drawing guides for more comic book and cinematic fun.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Easy to Draw Things to draw Tutorials post.
Baby Groot Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).