Learn how to draw a great looking Broly with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Broly.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Show me your fighting spirit... If you don't, I'll destroy this planet!"
- Broly, Dragon Ball Z: Broly
Broly is a legendary Super Saiyan of the Dragon Ball Z anime series. Saiyans of this level only appear once every 1,000 years.
As a child, Broly's power levels were near that of King Vegeta and Goku's father. Because the child Broly was disturbed by baby Goku's crying, he developed a grudge against him.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Later, Broly's father fought to save him from King Vegeta, who saw the boy as a threat. The two escaped and plotted revenge on the royal family.
After losing to Goku, Broly was assumed to have been destroyed. In reality, he slept for seven years before returning to fight Goku's son, Goten.
With the help of the whole family, including the deceased Goku, Goten launched Broly into the sun.
A different version of Broly appeared in Dragon Ball Super. Instead of a maniacal villain, this version of Broly is kind-hearted yet confused.
Are you ready to go Super Saiyan? Sharpen your pencil and enter the hyperbolic time chamber - it's time to step up your training!
For more fun and easy tutorials, see Goku Drawing and Vegeta Drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Broly
How to Draw a Great Looking Broly for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Broly's head and face. Draw his Super Saiyan hair using two curved "M" shaped lines. Allow them to meet at a point on each end, and connect them with a curved line at the middle. Then, use curved lines to detail the face - outline the chin and cheeks, the ear, the nose, mouth, and furrowed brown. Use straight lines to draw the triangular anime eyes and the brows above them. Draw a small rectangle to form the earring.
Easy Broly Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue to draw the wild Super Saiyan hair. Use pairs of curved lines that meet at sharp points.
Easy Broly Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw additional tufts of hair sticking out between the existing tufts and along the sides of the face. For each segment, use a pair of straight or curved lines that meet at a point.
Easy Broly Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to outline Broly's shoulders and contour the veins and ligaments of the neck. Then, use curved lines to enclose the enormous chest muscles. Notice the overlapping of the lines on the outer edges. Then, draw a five-sided shape like an inverted crown across the top of the chest. Detail it with two small circles and an oval. This is the ring device that keeps Broly's immense power under control.
Easy Broly Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Broly's bulging muscular arm. Use curved lines to outline each section of the muscles. Notice how the lines overlap, and how some meet at points. Then, use overlapping curved lines to enclose the hand and fingers of the clenched fist.
Easy Broly Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Broly's muscular torso. Outline the sides of the torso with overlapping lines. Then, use curved lines to detail the pectoral, abdominal, and oblique muscles.
Easy Broly Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Broly's remaining muscular arm. Use curved lines to enclose each of the irregular rounded shapes, as well as the fingers of the balled fist.
Add More Details to Your Broly Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the top of Broly's garment. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the top of the cloth. For the ragged bottom of the cloth, use curved lines that meet at jagged points. Then, outline the belt using curved lines. Detail the belt with a large oval.
Complete the Outline of Your Broly Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture Broly's hair with curved lines running down its length.
Color Your Broly Drawing
Color your cartoon of Broly. His garments are red and his hair glows yellow.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Broly Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).