Learn how to draw a great looking Goku with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Goku.
Kamehameha! It's time to draw Goku before he goes Super Saiyan to save the world once again. This easy, step-by-step Goku drawing guide will show you how.
Goku is drawn in a traditional manga or anime style. He has large, rectangular eyes, spiky hair, and oversized muscles.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
But this is just one of Goku's many faces. You can learn how to draw kid Goku from Dragon Ball, when he still had his Great Ape tail.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Goku
How to Draw a Great Looking Goku for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Goku cartoon by drawing his eyes. Shade two narrow triangles to form the eyebrows. Draw a short line behind each, and use straight lines to partially outline the rectangular eyes.
Enclose a partial oval in each eye. Draw a line across each oval, and shade the larger portion to indicate the pupil.
Goku’s eyes are of a classic anime and manga style. You can learn more about anime eye drawing here.
Easy Goku Drawing - Step 2
2. Contour the cheeks with a hatch pattern of short lines. For the nose, draw a triangle, and shade it by drawing diagonal lines across it. Use curved lines for the mouth and the dimple of the chin.
Easy Goku Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a curved line to trace the “V” shaped chin and the sides of the face.
Easy Goku Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose Goku’s ears and to contour inside them.
Easy Goku Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing Goku’s spiky hair. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Goku Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to draw the unruly hair. Use long curved lines that meet at jagged points, as well as a few single lines.
Easy Goku Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue using long lines that meet at jagged points to draw the hair. At this point, the hairstyle should be fully enclosed.
Add More Details to Your Goku Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a pair of lines below the head to form the neck. From these, extend another pair of lines to form the shoulder.
Connect these with a wide “U” shaped line, forming the neck of the tunic. Contour Goku’s neck and collar bones with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Goku Drawing - Step 9
9. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the layers of Goku’s garments and to contour the folds of the fabric.
Color Your Goku Drawing
Your iconic Goku outline is now complete. Color your famous anime character. Goku has black hair. He wears a blue inner tunic and an orange outer tunic.
How to Draw Son Goku from Dragon Ball Z - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are some tips for drawing Goku's body?
A: When drawing Goku's body, it's important to pay attention to proportion and muscle definition. This Goku Black drawing tutorial is a great place to start.
Q: How important is it to practice drawing Goku?
A: Practice is crucial when it comes to drawing Goku or other Dragon Ball Z characters. Our step-by-step drawing instructions make sketching Goku much easier. The detailed anime drawing guides can also help improve your Goku drawings.
Q: How do you draw Goku Black for beginners?
Q: Where do I find Goku coloring pages PDF for free?
A: You can download a free Goku coloring PDF on our Goku Coloring Page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Goku Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).