Learn how to draw a great looking Captain America with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Captain America.
In a time of war and adversity, America needed a hero. Marvel's predecessor gave them Captain America. Now, you can learn how to draw Captain America so he will always be there when you need him, too.
Before being given the super soldier serum, Steve Rogers was an ordinary guy in the army. You can learn how to draw a soldier from that period here.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
As a superhero, Captain America wears a costume and carries a vibranium shield patterned after the American flag. You can add this American flag drawing to your picture.
Avengers, assemble! It is time to get started.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Captain America
How to Draw a Great Looking Captain America for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Captain America outline by drawing his head. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shape of the head.
Then, use additional curved lines to draw the ear, the eyes, and the outline of the open portion of the mask. Detail within the ear and draw successively smaller ovals inside the eyes.
Easy Captain America Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a bold letter “A” on the forehead. Use curved lines to sketch the nose, mouth, chin, and neck. Enclose several narrow rectangles on the side of the head to form the winglike emblem.
Easy Captain America Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, draw the Cap’s bulging shoulder and chest muscles. Use curved lines to contour the shoulders, upper arms, and pectoral muscles.
Learn more about how to draw muscles here.
Easy Captain America Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the oval shape of the shield, then connect it to the arm, using curved lines to sketch the lower arm. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw the clenched fist.
Easy Captain America Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw several successively smaller ovals inside the shield, with a five-pointed star inside the smallest oval. Draw another star on the chest.
Then, use curved lines to outline the obliques and torso. Contour the rib cage with short lines, and band the abdomen with vertical stripes.
Easy Captain America Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining muscular arm using a series of overlapping curved lines.
Then, draw the belt and buckle by sketching a series of curved rectangles. Use curved lines that do not connect to sketch the basic shape of the briefs.
Easy Captain America Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the muscular leg. Then, contour the muscles with additional curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Captain America Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the remaining leg, again using a series of overlapping curved lines. Enclose the irregular shape of the foot at the bottom of the leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Captain America Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Captain America’s remaining boot. Enclose a curved rectangle to form the cuff of the boot. Then, use curved lines to enclose the irregular shape of the boot. Contour the top with a short line.
Color Your Captain America Drawing
Your Captain America outline is now complete. Color your cartoon of this famous comic book character.
His suit is mostly blue with red and white elements. Likewise, his shield is red and white striped with a blue inner circle.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Captain America Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).