Learn how to draw a great looking Captain Underpants with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Captain Underpants.
“George and Harold were usually responsible kids. Whenever anything bad happened, George and Harold were usually responsible.”
― Dav Pilkey, The Adventures of Captain Underpants
Since 1997, the Captain Underpants series of illustrated children's novels has been producing giggles and gasps with its unique brand of rude and bodily humor. The series is centered around two fourth graders, George and Harold. The boys are pranksters and also produce their own homemade comic books.
Their character, Captain Underpants, comes to life when the school principal is hypnotized. When he hears snapping fingers, he becomes the Captain. He returns to his normal self anytime he is doused with water.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In 2017, this comic book hero made it to the big screen in DreamWorks' Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie.This led to Netflix's animated cartoon series, The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants, in 2018.
Would you like to draw hilarious comics starring Captain Underpants? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Captain Underpants
How to Draw a Great Looking Captain Underpants for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an irregular rounded shape. This loosely heart-shaped form will become Captain Underpants' head. Notice the small "C" shaped line that forms the ear.
Easy Captain Underpants Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the portion of the cape that is tied around the neck. First, draw a small round shape at the base of the chin to form the knot. Then, draw a long, curved line from this shape, parallel to the shape of the head. Extend a short curved line from below the ear and connect them at a sharp point.
Draw two curved lines from the other side of the rounded shape, connecting one to the cheek and the other to the first line. Then, extend two sets of short lines from beneath the knot and allow them to connect at sharp points.
Easy Captain Underpants Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the arms and torso. For each arm, extend two curved, "V" shaped lines from the shoulder and just below it. Draw a curved line beneath the smaller "V," enclosing a triangle shape. Then, use curved lines to sketch the circular hands.
Easy Captain Underpants Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the underpants. Draw a long, curved line across the stomach. Then, sketch a half-circle shape beneath it. Notice the notch formed by the double "C" shaped lines. This is the leg of the underpants.
Easy Captain Underpants Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail the underpants. Draw a long, curved line parallel to the top of the underpants, forming the elastic band. Draw short lines horizontally across it, indicating stitching. Then, draw two pairs of lines extending from the band to the legs.
Easy Captain Underpants Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the Captain's legs. Extend two pairs of lines from the underpants.
Easy Captain Underpants Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved and "U" shaped lines to enclose the feet and toes. Draw a small, rounded shape at the tip of each toe to indicate the toenail.
Add More Details to Your Captain Underpants Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the cape. Extend three long, curved lines from the neck. Connect them at the end using a series of "U" shaped lines. Then decorate the cape with many dots.
Complete the Outline of Your Captain Underpants Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Captain Underpants. Draw a "C" shaped line inside the ear. Use a long, curved line to craft the teardrop-shaped smiling mouth. Add dimension using curved lines around the mouth, and draw horizontal and vertical lines within it to indicate teeth. Draw a "C" shaped line for the nose, shaded ovals for the eyes, and curved lines for the eyebrows. Draw two small ovals on the chest.
Color Your Captain Underpants Drawing
Color Captain Underpants, then check out our cartoon character drawing guides for more super-powered fun.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Captain Underpants Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).