Learn how to draw a great looking Anna from Frozen with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Anna from Frozen.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Since its theatrical debut in 2013, Disney's animated film Frozen has won the hearts of parents and children around the world. It has since been adapted into stage plays, musicals, ice performances, featurettes, and an animated sequel.
The story of Frozen was inspired by a Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale called The Snow Queen/. Anna's sister, Elsa, possesses magical powers over ice and snow. After her powers hurt Anna, however, Elsa pushes her sister away.
After Elsa is crowned queen, her powers are revealed and she is labeled a monster. She builds an ice castle in the mountains so that she can live in solitude.
However, she unknowingly releases an eternal winter on the land. When her sister Anna sets out to find her, they discover together that true love is the secret to controlling her powers.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Anna from Frozen? This easy, step-by-step drawing guide is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper.
You may also wish to color your finished princess.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Castle, Cartoon Princess, and Fairy.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Anna from Frozen
How to Draw a Great Looking Anna from Frozen for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the roughly "J" shaped outline of Anna's chin and cheeks.
Easy Anna from Frozen Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of curved lines to sketch Anna's ear and hair. Notice the jagged points of the hair that lays upon her forehead. Note the starburst shape formed by the curved lines of the hair's central part. Then, use two curved lines to outline the neck.
Easy Anna from Frozen Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Anna's braid. To do so, use curved lines descending from opposite directions to form a series of incomplete heart shapes. Note that some of the shapes contain additional lines, enclosing curves and detailing the hair. Draw the hair barrette at the end of the braid. Then, draw the braid's "tail" using two curved lines that meet in a point. Detail the tail and the hair on top of the head with additional curved lines.
Easy Anna from Frozen Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Anna's other braid, again enclosing pointed, curved shapes that converge from opposite directions. Notice how each set nearly forms a heart shape. Draw a round barrette at the end of the braid, and draw the braid's tail using two curved lines that meet in a point.
Easy Anna from Frozen Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the bodice of Anna's gown. Draw a line across the neck to indicate the collar. Then, use long curved lines to outline the torso. Note the double "C" shaped lines at the shoulder. Draw two curved "V" shaped lines between the braids.
Easy Anna from Frozen Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend the collar to the top of the bodice using two pairs of straight lines. Detail the collar with a horizontal line. Then, use two curved lines to outline the arm.
Easy Anna from Frozen Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a swirling floral pattern to decorate the bodice. Draw stems and leaves using pairs of curling lines that meet in points. To draw the tulip-like flowers, begin with a "W" shaped line. Attach a "U" shaped line beneath it. Finally, draw small circles all around the pattern.
Add More Details to Your Anna from Frozen Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Anna's eyes. Begin each eye by drawing a circle within a circle. Draw a tiny circle along the side of the inner circle, then shade the inner circle to form the pupil. Draw a curved shape on each side, and shade a dark line along the upper outside edge. Then use two curved lines to form a curved shape above each eye, indicating the eyebrows.
Complete the Outline of Your Anna from Frozen Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to form the nose and mouth.
Color Your Anna from Frozen Drawing
Color Anna. Then, check out our people drawing guides, where you'll find other princess friends. You can even draw an enchanted castle for them!
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy People Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Anna from Frozen Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).