Learn how to draw a great looking Charlie Brown with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Charlie Brown.
"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
- Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown is a classic character of American comic strips. He was written to be a "lovable loser," a caricature of the average person or Everyman. Throughout the stories, he ranges in age from four to eight years old.
Charlie Brown coaches a losing baseball team and pines for the "little red-haired girl" to whom he never musters the courage to speak.
He is supported by a cast of friends including Peppermint Patty, Marcie, Lucy, and Linus. He has a beagle named Snoopy and a small yellow bird called Woodstock.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The first Charlie Brown comic strip, titled Peanuts, ran in 1950. New comics ran until 2000, and re-runs continue to be printed in major newspapers across the country.
Charlie Brown has also starred in a number of animated films including A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965), You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (1967), A Boy Named Charlie Brown (1969), and The Peanuts Movie (2015).
Would you like to draw the classic character, Charlie Brown? This easy, step-by-step comics character drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, crayon, marker, or pen and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Charlie Brown
How to Draw a Great Looking Charlie Brown for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Charlie Brown's head. First, draw a large round shape. Don't enclose it fully, and close the gap using a "C" shaped line to form the ear. Draw another "C" shaped line on the opposite side, forming the other ear.
Easy Charlie Brown Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Charlie Brown's characteristic curly hair. Draw a spiraling line across the forehead.
Easy Charlie Brown Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Charlie Brown's face. Shade two small circles for the eyes. Use curved lines for the eyebrows, nose, and smiling mouth. Draw a short line at each end of the mouth.
Easy Charlie Brown Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two short lines descending from the head, forming the neck. Then, draw the collar of Charlie Brown's garment. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the collar.
Easy Charlie Brown Drawing - Step 5
5. Use long line to draw the sleeve, generally curved but with points at the corners. Then, draw a pair of curved lines to form the arm and hand. Enclose the hand using "U" shaped lines for the fingers.
Easy Charlie Brown Drawing - Step 6
6. Use two curved lines, meeting at a gentle point, to outline Charlie Brown's shirt. Draw two parallel zigzag lines across it to create the classic pattern.
Easy Charlie Brown Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two curved lines downward from the shirt to form the sides of the pants. Draw the bottom of each pant leg using a curved line, and connect them with a "V" shaped line.
Add More Details to Your Charlie Brown Picture - Step 8
8. Use three lines to enclose a curved rectangle shape, forming the remaining sleeve. Then, extend two curved lines from the sleeve, forming Charlie Brown's outstretched arm. Use"U" shaped lines to enclose the hand with fingers. Detail the palm with short lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Charlie Brown Drawing - Step 9
9. Extend a pair of lines below each pant leg, forming the legs. Use a long, curved line to enclose the irregular rounded shape of each shoe. Draw a line across the top of the shoe, indicating the sock. Then, draw curved lines to indicate the shoelaces.
Color Your Charlie Brown Drawing
Color Charlie Brown. He wears a bright yellow shirt with a black or brown zigzag stripe across it.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Drawing Ideas Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Charlie Brown Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).