Learn how to draw a great looking Mickey Mouse with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Mickey Mouse.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
Mickey Mouse may be the most famous cartoon character in history. His story began in 1928 in a short animated film called Steamboat Willie. Today, he is the mascot of Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney World, and DisneyLand.
Who is Mickey Mouse? He's been a wizard, a restaurant owner, a tailor, a band leader, and many other things. He has a girlfriend named Minnie Mouse. His best friends include Donald and Daisy Duck, Goofy, and Pluto.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You, too, can learn to draw this iconic cartoon character. Do you see the simple circles that unite to form Mickey's head and ears? You'll use similar shapes to create your character using this drawing tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Mickey Mouse
How to Draw a Great Looking Mickey Mouse for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will become Mickey’s head.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two smaller circles connected to the first. You now have the classic outline of Mickey Mouse ears.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw guide lines across the face - two curved lines that meet at a perpendicular angle. These will help you to place the features of the face.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another circle below the head. This will become Mickey’s body. Draw guide lines across this circle as well - curved lines that cross at a perpendicular angle. Notice that the crossbar is not at the center of the circle, but above it.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two lines below the circle to create the legs. Then, enclose an irregular shape at the bottom of each leg to form the feet.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two curved lines extending from the torso. These are Mickey’s arms. Draw an oval at the end of each arm to form his hands.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 7
7. Flesh out the arms and legs. Draw curved lines from the body to the hands and feet.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw two buttons on the torso, one in each of the lower quadrants created by the guide lines. These are Mickey’s iconic buttons.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 9
9. Erase the vertical guide line from the torso, leaving the outline of Mickey’s red pants.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 10
10. Draw the legs of the pants. Draw three curved lines descending from the torso; draw a short line at the top of the middle line. Then, connect the lines with curved lines to enclose the pant legs.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 11
11. Erase the guide lines from the pants to leave a clean outline.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 12
12. Erase the guide lines from the legs. Then, erase the bottom of the leg and a portion of the shoe. In its place, draw a donut shape using two curved lines. Repeat on the remaining leg. These are Mickey’s socks or the top of his shoe.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 13
13. Contour the lower half of Mickey’s face using overlapping curved lines. Note the bulge of each cheek and the chin.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 14
14. Erase some of the guide lines from the face. Use the remaining guide lines to place the area surrounding the eyes. Enclose each eye with a long curved line. Then, use curved lines to craft the smile, the open mouth, the tongue, and the contours at the corner of the mouth.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 15
15. Erase the remaining guide lines from the face. Then, draw a curved line to contour the snout. Below it, draw an oval within an oval and shade between them. This is Mickey’s nose. Enclose two partial circles above the snout, outlining the eyes. Within each eye, draw a circle within a circle and shade between them to indicate the pupil.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 16
16. Use curved lines to contour the shapes of Mickey’s gloved hands.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 17
17. Erase the guide lines from the hands.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 18
18. Erase the guide lines from the arms as well as a portion of the arms at the wrists. In its place, draw a rounded shape using curved lines. This represents the cuff of the glove.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 19
19. Draw a long, wavy, “S” shaped line extending from the torso. This forms Mickey’s tail.
Easy Mickey Mouse Drawing - Step 20
20. Color your cartoon of Mickey Mouse. He typically wears red shorts and yellow shoes.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mickey Mouse Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).