Learn how to draw a great looking Dice with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Dice.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Dice are "small cubes of plastic, ivory, bone, or wood, marked on each side with one to six spots, usually used in pairs in games of chance or in gambling." Dice can be used alone in gameplay, or they may be paired with a board game, such as Monopoly.
Dice are ancient, dating back perhaps 5,000 years. Their predecessors were mystical objects thrown to tell the future or determine something unknown. Objects practically identical to modern dice have been discovered in Egyptian tombs.
Did you know? The term "dice" is plural, meaning more than one. A single object is called a die. The word "dice" can also be used as a verb or action word, usually in cooking. To "dice" vegetables is to cut them into cubes resembling small playing dice.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Most dice look like the ones in our illustration - numbered with small dots called pips. Some dice look different, however. Some may have numerals written on their sides in place of the dots, or they may have pictures or other symbols indicating gameplay. In the film Star Wars - Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, Watto uses a pair of dice that he calls "chance cubes." These had only the colors red and blue on their sides. You can draw any of these types of dice. Complete this tutorial through step 7, then adorn the dice accordingly.
In popular culture, dice are often used to represent gambling or the places where gambling takes place, such as at a casino or in Los Vegas. "Fuzzy dice" are plush dice connected by a string that may be hung on the rearview mirror of a car - in fact, they are the first item ever intended for this exact purpose. These can be traced to World War II fighter pilots, who would hang dice above their controls in hopes of good luck.
Would you like to draw cartoon dice? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Gold, Stack of Money, and Diamond.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Dice
How to Draw a Great Looking Dice for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a rhombus or four-sided shape. This shape should be a horizontal diamond with rounded corners. This forms the top of the die.
Easy Dice Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another diamond with rounded corners beneath the first. It should share one side with the first diamond.
Easy Dice Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a third rounded diamond. It should share two of its sides, one with each of the previous diamonds. This completes the outline of the die, cubical and three-dimensional in shape.
Easy Dice Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another round-cornered diamond overlapping one of the previous diamonds. This begins the outline of the second die.
Easy Dice Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another diamond alongside the previous one. The diamonds should share one side.
Easy Dice Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another diamond, sharing one side with each of the two previous diamonds. This completes the outline of the second cubical die.
Easy Dice Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase any areas where the two dice overlap. Connect the rounded corners of each diamond section with a short curved line. This rounds the corners of the dice.
Add More Details to Your Dice Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the pips, the dots on the faces of the die. On one die, draw one pip on one side, two on another, and three on another.
Complete the Outline of Your Dice Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw pips on the remaining die. Draw one pip on one side, four on another, and five on another.
Color Your Dice Drawing
Color your pair of dice. Most dice are white with black dots, but they can come in many other colors.
Don't gamble with your art skills! Discover who's playing games of chance among our cartoon people drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dice Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).