Learn how to draw a great looking Eyes with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Eyes.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"The eyes are the window to the soul." So states an antiquated maxim.
To scientists, however, the eyes are very interesting. For example, researchers are currently developing technology that could use patterns in the iris of the eye to identify people, much as the fingerprint is used currently.
Movies and television have long depicted such technology, but it may soon become a reality.
In fact, some airports are already testing this 'eye ID' technology.
To artists, the eyes hold another interest. The eyes are surrounded by many, many small muscles, and the movement of these muscles is an indicator of emotion on the human face.
Our eyes, for instance, can show whether we are happy, sad, angry, frightened, excited, or bored.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The eyes, then, are an important means of expressing these emotions in the visual arts, yet many artists find the eyes to be one of the more difficult portions of the human face to capture accurately.
What is more, it is almost paradoxical that the eyes are one member largely responsible for our ability to draw the eyes of another.
Almost every drawing or painting of humans or animals includes eyes, whether open or closed.
As such, many styles have developed. The simplest eyes involve nothing more than a solidly shaded dot.
Other simple eyes consists of a circle with a shaded dot inside it. The Japanese manga and anime art styles often lend straight lines and squared corners to the shape of the eye.
Would you like to draw a pair of eyes? Perhaps you are working on a portrait of a friend or family member.
Now, the complicated task of drawing realistic human eyes is easy with the help of this simple, step-by-step eye drawing guide.
All you will need is a pencil, a piece of paper, and an eraser. You may also want to use crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints to shade your finished drawing.
Notice that each step of this drawing guide includes an illustration as well as explanatory text. New lines added in each picture are highlighted in blue.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Face, Brain, and Hand.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Eyes
How to Draw a Great Looking Eyes for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two curved lines. These will form the top edge of the eyes.
Easy Eyes Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two more curved lines, enclosing the shape of each eye.
Easy Eyes Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the eyelid. Begin by extending a short, curved line from the corner of each eye. Then, use a long, curved line to connect the opposite corner of the eye to the short line just drawn.
Easy Eyes Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two short, curved lines from the inner corner of each eye. Then, draw a short, curved line above the eye.
Easy Eyes Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase guide lines from the corner of the eye.
Easy Eyes Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose the inner corner of each eye using a short, curved line. Outline the iris, or colored portion, of each eye by enclosing a circle.
Easy Eyes Drawing - Step 7
7. Begin drawing eyelashes. Draw long, curved lines outward from the eyelid. Draw similar, shorter curved lines extending from the bottom of the eye.
Add More Details to Your Eyes Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat the process of drawing eyelashes on the opposite eye, forming a mirror image. Draw long lashes from the upper lid, and shorter lashes from the lower.
Complete the Outline of Your Eyes Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the pupil of the eye. Extend a short, slightly curved line inwards from each side of the iris. Connect the lines using a curved, half-circle shaped line, outlining the pupil. Within the pupil, draw a small circle, a shining point of light. Repeat this process on the remaining eye.
Color Your Eyes Drawing
10. Color your eyes drawing. In humans, typical eye colors include light and dark brown, blue, green, grey, and at times even violet.
For more great Body drawing tutorials, see the 37 Easy Body Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Eyes Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).