Learn how to draw a great looking Kirby with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Kirby.
Kirby is one of Nintendo's iconic characters. If you would like to learn how to draw Kirby, this easy, step-by-step video game character drawing guide can show you how.
The introduction to the game Kirby's Adventure had quick drawing tutorial instructions: "First you draw a circle, then you dot the eyes, add a great big smile, and presto, it's Kirby!"
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Below, you'll find instructions in a bit more detail, but the basic shapes are still simple - circles, ovals, and rounded triangles make up Kirby's face and body.
If you enjoy this tutorial, you can fill your sketchbook with other classic video game characters. Learn how to draw Super Mario or check out this Link from The Legend of Zelda drawing. You can even hit the road and collect golden rings with this Sonic the Hedgehog drawing!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Kirby
How to Draw a Great Looking Kirby for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your Kirby outline by drawing his eyes. Draw two narrow horizontal ovals, one slightly smaller and lower than the other.
Easy Kirby Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a small circle at the top of each oval-shaped eye.
Easy Kirby Drawing - Step 3
3. Below the eyes, draw a small inverted triangle with rounded corners. This is Kirby's open, smiling mouth. Detail the mouth by drawing a line across it. This indicates the tongue.
Easy Kirby Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, draw a long, curved line in a half-circle shape. This begins the outline of Kirby's round body.
Easy Kirby Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue drawing the line to form a perfect circle. The eyes and mouth should be located on one side.
Easy Kirby Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Kirby's outstretched arm, erasing part of the circle as necessary. Use a curved line to form the partial rounded triangle shape.
Easy Kirby Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a small curved line at the base of Kirby's arm, contouring the point where it meets his body. Then, draw his remaining arm on the opposite side. Use a curved line to enclose the rounded triangle shape.
Add More Details to Your Kirby Picture - Step 8
8. Next, draw Kirby's foot. Use a large "U" shaped line to enclose a partial oval shape at the bottom of his body.
Complete the Outline of Your Kirby Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose Kirby's remaining foot. Again, use a long curved line to draw a partial oval shape.
Color Your Kirby Drawing
Your cartoon Kirby outline is now complete. Shade his eyes blue, his feet hot pink, and his body bubblegum pink. Kirby is ready to go on an adventure with you! Will you explore Dream Land or eat up your enemies? The possibilities are endless.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Kirby Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).