Learn how to draw a great looking Sonic the Hedgehog Running with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Sonic the Hedgehog Running.
Sonic the Hedgehog is the star of some of the world's most popular video games. Learn how to draw Sonic the Hedgehog running so you can sketch your favorite character.
In 1990, Sega commissioned a group of people to develop the character that became Sonic the Hedgehog.
Sonic was so popular that he became the star of dozens of cartoons, movies, comics and video games. Sonic the Hedgehog running is an iconic image because running fast is his defining trait.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the meantime, use a pencil and your favorite coloring tools to sketch this colorful character.
If you liked this drawing tutorial, see also the following guides: How to Draw Scorpion from Mortal Kombat drawing, How to Draw Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's drawing, and How to Draw Genji from Overwatch drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Sonic the Hedgehog Running
How to Draw a Great Looking Sonic the Hedgehog Running for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a slightly angled V, then draw a tube underneath and connect the shapes with curved lines like you're drawing a regular cartoon Sonic. Add an oval for the nose.
Easy Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch ovals inside the eyes. Draw a curve for the mouth with a dash at the end, then sketch curves above the eyes. Add a sweeping triangle on top of the head.
Easy Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw more triangles to outline your cartoon Sonic's head. Add triangles for the ears.
Easy Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing - Step 4
4. For the glove, use curved lines to draw ring-like shapes, then connect the shapes to the body with another line. Sketch lines that point outward for the hand, and use a swirl for the finger.
Easy Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch lines for the rest of the fingers, making sure that they overlap. Outline the body with two lines, and draw triangles behind the right side of the body. For the left arm, sketch two curved lines that end with two semi-circles, one inside the other.
Easy Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two parallel lines for the right leg. Sketch another semi-circle for the base of the left glove, then draw an uneven curve that starts at the top. Draw a Y, then add a dip and connect the glove to the wrist.
Easy Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch a large teardrop shape for the foot. Repeat previous steps for the ankle, and draw curved lines inside the teardrop. Add a curve to the right to start the leg.
Add More Details to Your Sonic the Hedgehog Running Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat previous steps for the right ankle, then draw another teardrop shape for the foot. Complete the leg with a curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketch an oval for the body and a triangle for the tail. Draw lines and semi-circles inside the shoes with straight lines on the sole.
Color Your Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon Sonic the Hedgehog running with black ink. Color the body blue with tan for the ears, stomach and lower half of the face. Use green for the eyes and red and yellow for the shoes, then leave the rest of the drawing white.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sonic the Hedgehog Running Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).