Learn how to draw a great looking Link from the Zelda Games with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Link from the Zelda Games.
Who is Link? Link is the hero of the Nintendo video game series, The Legend of Zelda. In each game, Link begins as an ordinary boy. Throughout the course of the game, however, he gains skills and abilities, and is often depicted as a teenager or adult.
His mission is to bravely rescue the Princess Zelda and his homeland from the evil boar-like Ganon.
The first game featuring Link was released in 1986. In addition to video games, Link has appeared in manga, a cartoon series, toys, and other products.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Why is he called Link? According to the character's creator, the original story line required Link to travel between the future and the past. He was thus the "link" between these times. The story may have changed somewhat, but the name stuck.
Would you like to draw heroic Link? This easy, step-by-step drawing guide is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser. You may also wish to use crayons or something similar to color your drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Link
How to Draw a Great Looking Link from the Zelda Games for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form Link's head.
Easy Link from the Zelda Games Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a curved shape beneath the head, using a curved line. This indicates the shape of Link's jaw.
Easy Link from the Zelda Games Drawing - Step 3
3. Beneath the head, use a series of curved lines to enclose a roughly rectangular shape. This will form Link's body.
Easy Link from the Zelda Games Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch in Link's hair. For each lock of hair, use two curved lines that meet in a point. Allow the lines of each lock to attach to or overlap the others. Notice that some locks of hair are much longer and wider than others.
Easy Link from the Zelda Games Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the guide lines from the head.
Easy Link from the Zelda Games Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin adding detail to your character. Use pairs of curved lines to form each arm, enclosed at each end with shorter curved lines. Use a series of curved lines and "U" shaped lines to form the hand. Draw a "V" shaped line beneath the head to form the neck of the garment, and cross it with a horizontal line. Draw a curved line along one side of the torso, and a circle in the middle of the torso. Then, draw a spiral within the circle. Attach the circle to the sides using sets of parallel lines, forming a belt.
Easy Link from the Zelda Games Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose two triangle shapes, one large and one small, on one side of Link's head to indicate another lock of hair and a hat. On the other side, enclose one irregular shape within another to form the ear. Draw sets of lines to form legs, connected at the end using a curved line. Draw another curved line across each leg to indicate the top of the boot.
Add More Details to Your Link from the Zelda Games Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Link's sword and shield. For the shield, enclose a rectangular shape with a curved bottom. Draw a similar shape within the first, and band this with two sets of horizontal lines. Then, draw vertical lines on each side of these. Use rounded shapes to craft the remaining fist. Within the hand, enclose a rectangle to indicate the hilt of the sword. Place a circle at the end of the hilt. Then, use straight lines to sketch the blade.
Complete the Outline of Your Link from the Zelda Games Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw each eye. Shade a circle in each to indicate the pupil. Draw a thick, curved line above each eye to form the eyebrows. Use curved lines for the nose, mouth, and chin.
Color Your Link from the Zelda Games Drawing
10. Color Link. Typically, he is depicted with green clothing and blonde hair.
For more great Anime manga characters drawing tutorials, see the 27 Best Anime manga characters Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Link from the Zelda Games Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).