Learn how to draw a great looking Luigi from Super Mario Bros with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Luigi from Super Mario Bros.
"I'm my bro's bro."
- Luigi, Super Paper Mario
Luigi often helps or competes with his brother. He is known for cautiousness and cowardice, but he can act with bravery when a friend is in trouble. He has often played an integral role in saving the Mushroom Kingdoms. Sometimes, he is shown to be the smarter of the two brothers.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Luigi may have been named after a popular pizza restaurant near Nintendo's North American headquarters. The name is also similar to the Japanese word for "similar," referring to his similarities to his brother.
Would you like to draw Luigi from Super Mario Bros.? This easy, step-by-step video game character drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also want to color your finished character.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Luigi from Super Mario Bros
How to Draw a Great Looking Luigi from Super Mario Bros for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Luigi's face. Draw a circle for the nose. Beneath the nose, use a rounded "W" shaped line and a curved line to draw the mustache. Enclose irregular rounded shapes alongside the nose to form the eyes. Enclose three successively smaller ovals within each eye. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupil.
Easy Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the head. Use curved lines to outline the forehead and sides of the face. Use a "C" shaped line to form the ear, and detail the inside with curved lines. Draw the eyebrows using short, curved lines that meet at points on each end. Enclose the irregular shape of the sideburn beside the ear, and use curved lines to enclose the smiling mouth, tongue, and teeth.
Easy Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Luigi's hat using curved lines. Draw a circle at the front of the hat, and sketch the letter "L" inside it.
Easy Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Luigi's torso. Enclose the neck of the garment with a double curved line. Enclose a square beneath it to indicate the top of the overalls. Use curved lines to draw the sides of the torso.
Easy Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a "V" shaped line at the bottom of each of the overall straps, and draw a small circle to indicate the button.
Easy Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to outline the arm, bent at the elbow. Enclose the end of the sleeve using parallel curved lines. then, use curved lines to outline the fist. Detail the elbow and back of the hand with short lines.
Easy Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose the hair at the back of the neck using a short, curved line. Extend a diagonal line from the shoulder to form the arm, and enclose the end of the sleeve using a pair of curved lines. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the hand and fingers.
Add More Details to Your Luigi from Super Mario Bros Picture - Step 8
8. Extend curved lines from each side of the torso, and an upside-down "V" shaped line in between. Connect them at the bottom using curved lines, enclosing the legs of the overalls. Detail the sides of the legs with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose the irregular rounded shapes of Luigi's shoes. Draw a curved line parallel to the bottom of each shoe to indicate the soles.
Color Your Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing
Color Luigi. He is often dressed in green.
It's not "game over" yet. Check out our characters drawing guides for more Super Mario heroes and villains.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Simple Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Luigi from Super Mario Bros Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).