Learn how to draw a great looking Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece.
Hone your anime drawing skills and learn how to draw Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece.
Monkey D. Luffy, also called "Straw Hat," is the main protagonist of the anime and manga series One Piece. He is the founder of the Straw hat Pirates, and he dreams of finding treasure and becoming the Pirate King.
Luffy has a childlike personality but quickly gained a reputation as an up-and-coming pirate. He is small in stature, yet strong, and he can use the Devil Fruit Gears to increase his strength.
He is also agile and not afraid to take a beating. He also possesses an "uncanny instinct" or situational awareness in battle.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Luffy also has a superhuman ability. After eating a Devil Fruit as a child, he became able to stretch and bend his body like rubber.
It took years of training for him to master and control this ability. He can also summon haki, "a power that lies dormant in all creatures."
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
How to Draw a Great Looking Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing Luffy's eyes and nose. For the eyes, shade two small circles for the pupils, then use curved lines to draw incomplete circles around them. Unlike most anime eyes, Luffy's are circular instead of rectangular.
Draw a thick straight line above each eye to form the eyebrows. Between the brows, draw two short lines to indicate the furrowed expression. Use curved lines to enclose the triangular nose. Finally, draw a curved line below one eye and cross it with two short lines to indicate the scar.
Easy Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long curved line to form the chin and cheeks. Draw another curved line around each end of the first line to enclose the ears.
Detail the insides of the ears with short curved lines. Then, draw the mouth using a curved trapezoid. Draw a curved horizontal line across the mouth to separate the top and bottom teeth.
Easy Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Luffy's spiky manga hair. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two short lines below the head to form the neck. Then, draw short lines at the bottom of each, diverging to begin the shoulders. From the ends of these, draw two curved lines that meet at a point below the neck.
This outlines the neck of the garment. Next, enclose a large oval around the top of the head. Connect the open ends of the hair with a curved line. This forms the brim of the hat. Enclose the hat's crow with a curved line, and draw another curved line across it to indicate the hatband.
Easy Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw curved lines at each side of the neck, then draw overlapping curved lines diverging from them. This completes the neck and shoulders of the garment. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the arm of the garment and the top of the muscular arm.
Easy Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing - Step 6
6. Use pairs of curved lines to sketch the upper and lower arm. Continue one line to outline the back of the hand. Use short curved lines to sketch the fingers and knuckles.
Easy Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining shoulder and arm of the garment. Draw the remaining fingers using overlapping curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to sketch the remaining arm and hand.
Complete the Outline of Your Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Luffy's torso. Use a small "C" shaped line and three straight lines to contour the collarbone and pectoral muscles. Draw the sides of the garment, its opening, and a large button.
Color Your Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing
Color your cartoon of Monkey Luffy. He wears a red shirt. The band of his hat is also red.
For more great anime character drawing tutorials, see 27 Most Famous Anime Characters Drawing Ideas for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).