Learn how to draw a great looking Jiji Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Jiji Cat drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw the Jiji cat? This easy, step-by-step feline drawing guide will help you master the Jiji cat outline.
Jiji is a black cat from the Studio Ghibli anime cartoon Kiki's Delivery Service. The film follows Kiki's journey as she trains to become a full-fledged witch.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Interestingly, Jiji's personality is different in the Japanese and English language versions of the movie.
In the American version, Jiji is a chatty and sarcastic cat that likes to act proud whilst in the Japanese version, Jiji is cautious and humble, and is always ready to help Kiki.
Jiji also has a girlfriend, a white cat named Lily.
Director and animator Hayao Miyazaki once said of Jiji, "He's part of Kiki. He represents an immature part of her."
Interestingly, in the Japanese version, Kiki loses her ability to communicate with Jiji as she grows up.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Jiji Cat
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin the Jiji cat outline by drawing the face. Draw large circles for the eyes, and shade a narrow oval inside each to indicate the pupils.
Enclose a rounded triangle nose and a wide, rounded half-circle shape for the mouth.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Detail inside the mouth. Use a curved line for the tongue and two small rounded triangles for the teeth. Draw a curved line on each side of the face to outline the round head.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to trace the black cat's large triangular ears. Connect them at the base with a curved line, and draw a zigzag line inside each. This gives the inside of the ear a furry appearance.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Contour the side of each ear with a curved line. Extend three curved lines from each side of the face to form the whiskers.
Notice that the lines get successively smaller as they go down. Then, draw a bowtie below the head. Use curved lines to enclose the three rounded shapes.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of connected and sometimes overlapping curved lines to draw the cat's chest and foreleg. Notice the lines on the chest that meet at sharp, jagged points, lending a furry appearance.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line to complete the foreleg. Then, draw the folded rear leg. Use a "C" shaped line for the haunch, and overlapping curved lines for the toes of the paw.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a long curved line from the bowtie to form the back and enclose the outline of the cat. Notice how the line becomes the toe of the rear foot.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 8
8. Extend a long curved line from the cat's back and double it back upon itself, enclosing the tail.
Jiji Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Jiji cat outline by drawing the remaining front leg. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the leg and paw.
Complete Jiji Cat Drawing
Color your cartoon Jiji cat. He is black with a red bow.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).